• Have You Had A Valvulopplasty?

Posted by Colleen on July 28, 2020 at 4:13 pm

According to the Mayo Clinic website: “A valvuloplasty, also known as balloon valvuloplasty or balloon valvotomy, is a procedure to repair a heart valve that has a narrowed opening. In a narrowed heart valve, the valve flaps (leaflets) may become thick or stiff and fuse together (stenosis). This reduces blood flow through the valve. A valvuloplasty may improve blood flow through the heart valve and improve your symptoms.”

This option was mentioned to a forum member, @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za. Have you had or considered a vavuloplasty? If so please share you experience with us.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

July 30, 2020 at 9:30 am

I have not had this procedure, @colleensteele. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, someone here has and can share. I have heard of a few PHriends who have had this procedure. I wish I could remember who they were. If I do, I can ask them about their experience. I do know that in both cases, they did not have any negative outcomes.

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za, my thoughts, and prayers continue to be with you. Thanks for keeping us updated. I know that you have had a difficult time with the hospitals lately.