• Have You Had Any Virtual Parties or Celebrations?

Posted by jen-cueva on June 25, 2020 at 11:24 am

Because of the pandemic, I am finding that many are doing celebrations and parties virtually. Have you had or participated in any virtual parties or celebrations? If so, how was it? What did you celebrate?

This pops up as I see many virtual celebrations on social media. I have participated in virtual Happy Hour for work and a few other virtual meet-ups. But this weekend is my brother-in-law’s 50th birthday celebration. They are continuing to celebrate like nothing is going on. They are having a beach party all weekend. I already let them know that I cannot risk my health and will not attend. It is not the only family, but they also have friends from work, etc. going.

I continue to feel guilty, but I know this is in my best interest. A virtual party would have been great in this situation. But they are off tomorrow to the beach for the weekend. What are your thoughts? Our area in Texas has been in the news for 2 weeks with soaring cases again.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

June 25, 2020 at 2:20 pm

I’m so sorry @jenc that you will miss your brother-in-laws birthday. As sad as it might make you feel I think you have made the right decision by not attending. It worries me how quickly people have returned to life as normal. I can understand people needing to work but I think it would be wise to still practice social distancing and avoid large crowds.

You shouldn’t feel guilty and I hope no one is intentionally making you feel that way. It would be nice if they could do spend a little virtual time with you this weekend. I hope that can be arranged. Thinking of you Jen.

• jen-cueva

June 26, 2020 at 3:55 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. I am grateful for your support. Yes, this was just too high of a risk for me right now. That would be a great idea. I doubt that I will hear from them. They have a large crowd coming.

Yes, it is difficult when some think that everything is back to normal when we also must continue to take precautions. Have you thought any more about your trip in August? I know that has been a concern for you.