Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Have You Had To Make The Difficult Decision Not To Attend A Funeral?

• Have You Had To Make The Difficult Decision Not To Attend A Funeral?

Posted by Colleen on October 5, 2020 at 6:50 pm

The coronavirus has possibly kept many away from funerals this year but I’m sure there are other reasons that have kept people away prior to this year. Distance, PH and other health reasons, cost and even family troubles can have it’s hand in whether to attend a funeral or not.

My husband and I could not attend my mother-in-laws funeral last Friday, which was really hard. But there have also been a few of my son’s PH friends whose funeral we missed attending over the years. My son’s own health struggles, inability to travel and yes, even cost, were factors.

My column this week is about making the difficult decision no to attend a funeral. I would appreciate hearing from others who have also experienced this grief on top of grief.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 6, 2020 at 11:31 am

Oh @colleensteele, I cannot imagine the emotions that y’all have been through this past week. But, reading this column, I felt the love and support that you and your family experienced. I am so happy that Aidan could travel and represent the family. You must be proud of such strong young men.

Reading your column, although you talked about grief, I felt all warm and fuzzy. It was peaceful to read. I hope that it brings you and your family some peace, too. Beautifully written, I know many have had to make this decision, too.

When my cousin passed away last month, I knew that I could not attend. First of all, COVID, then traveling 8 hours each way, takes a huge toll on my body. Some may not understand, but we must make these difficult decisions and protect ourselves.
    -Big hugs to you from Texas

• Colleen

October 6, 2020 at 4:18 pm

@jenc what a sweet message. Thank you so much! I read it to Brian. As always, I appreciate your love and support.

• jen-cueva

October 7, 2020 at 9:52 am

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I appreciate you, too. <3