Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development Have You Heard About The IV Uptravi (selexipag) Option?

Tagged: , ,

• Have You Heard About The IV Uptravi (selexipag) Option?

Posted by jen-cueva on September 2, 2021 at 10:55 am

In late July, the FDA approved the use of IV Uptravi (selexipag). The main purpose for this new IV form of Uptravi is intended for short-term usage for now.

This is important for those taking oral Uotravi and cannot take it by mouth for some reason. This could be hospitalization or, at times, when patients cannot keep anything down.

I am on Uptravi and have been since just after it was approved in the oral form. This option would have been helpful for me on many occasions when I was hospitalized. This would help prevent any interruptions in treatment.

The report was based on a clinical trial. The side effects were not different than the oral form.

Give this article a read.

I know that I would be happy to use this temporarily if needed. What about you? If you are talking Uptravi, would you consider this temporary IV route if needed? Why or why not?

Do you think those could lead to a long-term IV form of Uotravi in the future? Please share your thoughts here, and let’s talk about this.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.