Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Have You Made Good Memories Because Of PH?

• Have You Made Good Memories Because Of PH?

Posted by Colleen on November 10, 2020 at 4:30 pm

Since PH is such a devastating disease, it might seem hard to imagine that any good experience could come out of being diagnosed with it. Shannon shared some of her happy memories in her “30 day’s of PH” story.

I would of course give up any memories made for my son to never have had PH, but the reality is, it can’t be undone. He had PH and a transplant because of it, but he also had an amazing Make-A-Wish experience, met some major league athletes, made amazing PHriends who became more like PHamily, and through it all got to see first hand that there are kind and compassionate people in this world.

We would love to hear your positive PH experiences. Please share!

jen-cueva replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

March 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm

I wanted to bump up this post as I was planning to check in on @shannon4jk. Also, this can be helpful for those who recently joined us. @shannon4jk, how are things this week? Are you a Grandma yet?

I was so full of joy as I read that story when Make-A-Wish granted him these visits. That is amazing. I love hearing these stories.

I think, in general, I try harder to create good memories since diagnosed with PH. Often, my family wants to get out their phones for pics, etc. I prefer to keep those memories in my heart. But, I know if my memory fails, the pics and videos would be helpful.

My memory has failed at times; when my family plays familiar songs, shows me pics and videos, I have stopped requesting any pics, etc.

What special memories have y’all made?