Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Have You Received Both Doses Of The Covid Vaccination?

• Have You Received Both Doses Of The Covid Vaccination?

Posted by Colleen on March 22, 2021 at 11:38 am

@jeanl shared the following…

I had my second Covid vaccine on February 25th. (Pfizer). I was thrilled to get it. After discussing it with my cardiologists and Pulmonologist it was a no brainer for me. I had mild side effects after the second dose. My PAH is mild at this point I was diagnosed almost five years ago. I am taking Opsumit and Sildenafil. and am doing well

Did anyone else read the recent posted article on the Swedish study on PAH and severe Covid cases? It is a good article and renewed my feeling that getting the vaccine was the best choice for me A personal choice, certainly.

—————-

Who else has completed their vaccinations? Share your experience with us.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Janet Barry

March 23, 2021 at 2:50 pm

I receive my second dose this coming Saturday. I’m hoping it will be side effect free as was the first. take care all and stay well.

• Jill Upshaw

March 23, 2021 at 3:11 pm

I am looking forward to getting them. I have to wait until April because I had COVID and had retroviral infusions for 5 days. Hoping for the best.

• Colleen

March 23, 2021 at 3:30 pm

It will hopefully go well for you @jbarry28. Let us know how you are feeling afterward. My husband receives his first dose on Friday.

@upshtcx I can understand them having you wait. I believe @jenc has been told to wait as well. She had Covid in November.

• Teddy

April 27, 2021 at 6:40 pm

I am waiting to get my first vaccine in A couple of weeks. I’m glad you did well Colleen Steele.Thankyou for posting about that study.

• Roger Bliss

May 9, 2021 at 12:58 am

I got my second Moderna on Feb 20th. My cardiologists pretty much said it would probably be fatal if I got Covid. I have Cancer along with PAC. So my immune system is pretty much in the toilet. I figured that it wasn’t a matter of “if” I got Covid but “when”. So I figured the chances of dying from Covid were much higher than dying from the vaccine.

My wife is very healthy and decided not to get it. She choose not to get the vaccine as the long term effects are not known. She should be able to survive if she does come down with it. As a general rule I am against vaccines as I don’t trust them. Haven’t had any type of vaccine in over 40 years till this covid deal started.

• jen-cueva

May 10, 2021 at 10:51 am

Hi @wheeldog, I am grateful that you shared your experience and thoughts with the Moderna vaccine. It sounds like you and your medical team made the best decision for you. With all going on, I am certain that your immune system is compromised.

I can understand the thoughts that your wife has about vaccinations. I am grateful to know that she is healthy with no medical concerns. My hope and prayers are that these decisions keep you both safe against COVID.

Do you think that your wife will keep that mindset, or do you think she may change her mind later?

• Roger Bliss

May 10, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Thanks. I don’t know what my wife will do. Seems like all the “experts” are putting out conflicting information……masks-no masks, business open or closed etc. Pretty hard to figure what info is correct. I think she is waiting for long term effects to be known and the majority of experts can agree on something.

• jen-cueva

May 10, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Hey @wheeldog, You are correct. There is so much conflicting information about COVID and the vaccines. I, too, have not yet had mine. I am still waiting for my PH team to approve me to get mine. But because I had a rough dose of COVID, I am sure that they want to vaccinate me soon.

The long-term effects of having PH are scary. Just as you mention, your wife says not knowing the long-term effects is frustrating and scary.