Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

My son is on a strict low sodium diet due to his high blood pressure due to Kidney Disease. He is so good about watching his sodium intake…maybe a little too good. We are concerned that he isn’t eating enough or getting the right amount of vitamins and nutrients. His renal doctor recommended the Mediterranean Diet yesterday during an appointment.

Has anyone else tried this diet? I would love to hear your experience and any recipes you would like to share.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

This is an older post, but I wanted to share this because of another conversation about the Mediterranean diet.

@colleensteele
      , interesting that his kidney doc suggested this diet. I ate many of the foods on this diet and had my previous kidney doctor not eat many of these foods. I was like, I won’t eat much then, LOL.

I changed kidney docs. I found this information related to CHK.

@kgrady69
      shared another topic about her clinical trial that is based on diet and exercise. She is using the Mediterranean diet for this 12 week CT. Kathleen, any favorite recipes that you want to share?

I enjoy making bowls, so I made a greek chicken bowl with many ingredients from this diet.

Anyone else in the forums tried the Mediterranean diet? If not, are you interested in recipes and more facts about this diet?

Kathleen Grady
      Participant

I have a ton! I have a nutritionist supplied by the hospital for this CT and so I have access to a lot of recipes from her and I also bought a cookbook.
      Let me know if you are interested in them I will do my best to get them together, probably not before my vacation though lol

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Hi Kathleen,

That would be awesome. Yes, please share some of those favorite MD recipes that you enjoy. I like that many are simple or can be. That is important for many of us with limited “spoons”.

But, yes, of course, after your beach vacation, enjoy.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc I think his doctor recommended it because Cullen was going to extremes limiting what he was eating and drinking in an effort to control is BP. He explained to Cullen that his body does still need some of the foods found in the Mediterranean Diet and in moderation he thought Cullen would find more balance.

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Thanks Colleen, for explaining that to me. I, too, can now eat many of those foods. My body is lacking, and unlike many with CKD, I do not have high blood pressure or diabetes, thankfully.

How is Cullen eating now? Has he found a balance in what he enjoys and takes in?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account