Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Introduce Yourself Hello November, Help Me Welcome Our New Members

• Hello November, Help Me Welcome Our New Members

Posted by jen-cueva on November 2, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Hello, November!
    We are happy to watch the PHamily grow each week. Often, new members tend to lurk awhile before they are comfortable to post. This is perfectly fine; we are here to support you when you are ready to chime in.

This week, we welcome the PH forums @irinesmith64, @rmance85, @benila95, @sandraharris @la66reyes, and @cathia-releford. Please share a little about yourself and your PH journey if you have not yet done so. Here are a few suggestions.

Your name and location?
    Are you a patient or caregiver?
    How long ago were you diagnosed with PH?
    What PH medications are you currently on?
    Do you have any questions for our members?

We are so happy you found us and look forward to hearing more about your journey. Feel free to reach out to me, @colleensteele, or @brittany-foster.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Liz Reyes

November 2, 2020 at 4:13 pm

I am 54 , living in Rosamond CA. Newly diagnosed , other health issues most likely delayed me getting diagnosed. Still getting initial tests
    . they did a myocardial nuclear perfusion test today.Trying to learn all i can .

• Dawn

November 2, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Welcome @la66reyes! Best of luck on your tests. There are so many caring, knowledgeable people here on the forums. You’ve come to a great place for support and learning.

The sentiments above go to all our new members as well.

• jen-cueva

November 3, 2020 at 10:03 am

Thanks for sharing, @la66reyes. On your stress test yesterday, did you do the treadmill, or did they inject you with medication to mimic exercise?

Unfortunately, adding in other health issues complicate things, as you probably well know. I am grateful that you are having some testing and will have more answers soon.

Do you go to UCLA, or are you near any other PH centers? I am unsure if Bakersfield has any PH centers.

ASk away when questions pop up. As @dawnt says, our members are supportive and so kind.

• Colleen

November 3, 2020 at 11:33 am

Welcome to all our new members! @la66reyes you are already a great PHighter because you are doing all that you can to learn about this disease and advocate for yourself. We are here for you so bring on the questions and share your ups and downs.

• Liz Reyes

November 3, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Jen Cueva , it was injection , I have severe chronic pain , spinal fusion , and lately bad knees. So ..no treadmill.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2020 at 9:42 am

Yes, @la66reyes, this is how I also have had mine done. The injections are intended to mimic exercise. Thanks for sharing.

You sound like you are doing your research and educating yourself as much as possible. I also like to remind newer members to make a list on paper or your phone to ask at your next appointment. I started using the note app on my phone after leaving my paper lists all of the time, hehe.

But my note app on my phone is where I can keep a running list of all of my questions and then check them off but leave them when they are done. Remember, there are no dumb questions. Also, the same goes for here, too. We are supportive and judgment-free.

• Liz Reyes

November 4, 2020 at 10:06 am

Thats a good idea. Been making lists for years ( due to other conditions ) but just scribbled in books that get beat up. Electronic immortal lists is brilliant. I still dont think in modern ways lol..instant info and immortal lists yay!haha

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2020 at 12:55 pm

I am transitioning, still a process for me, @la66reyes. I am the Queen of Post It Notes. My desk has legal pads, notebooks, and journals all over it. So, it is a slow process for me, too.

Yes, the electronic immortal lists help when I do remember to use them. Otherwise, all of my notes may be left at home or who knows where.

Yes, let us know if you decide to try it.