Tagged: 

• brittany-foster

April 25, 2018 at 8:09 am

Hi Martina,
    I can definitely understand the struggle with this. Fortunately, when I travel I usually have people with me to help. I know it can be hard to ask for help with holding things but for us its crucial ! My suggestion would be to ask for help with bringing things onto the train if you need it. There are more people willing to help you out than you think. Also, I would suggest taking a few rolling bags with you so you can pull your luggage as opposed to carrying it. They even have small pull luggage for smaller items. I get your worries though and I’ve had a hard time with this myself.

• kathleen-sheffer

April 25, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Hi Martina,
    When I traveled around Europe with all my IV Remodulin supplies, my sister helped lift my suitcase into luggage racks and carry it up the stairs. Unfortunately a lot of train stations were not accessible so stairs were the only option. I don’t know how I would have done it without her help. Is there someone who can accompany you on your trip?

• kathleen-sheffer

April 26, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Since you will need help with several different tasks on this trip, I think it’s important that you have a designated companion to help you who understands what is required. You will not enjoy your holiday if you are stressed about performing necessary procedures and you do not want to risk not having help when you need it. If you explain these things to your friend ahead of time, I’m sure she will find a way to help you or find someone else who can.