• Home Monitoring Devices

Posted by Colleen on May 1, 2020 at 1:43 pm

During these challenging times when we are participating in telemedicine instead of visiting doctor’s offices, have you considered adding to your home monitoring devices? Many of us have blood pressure cuffs and pulse oximeters but what other equipment have you considered purchasing.

There is an Apple watch now that has and EKG. Do any of our members have one and if so, has it been helpeful? I also know some patients who own a stethoscope.

What are your thoughts and experiences with home monitoring devices?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

May 3, 2020 at 8:28 am

Great question, @Colleen. This looks like it will be our norm for a bit longer. I do have a BP cuff, pulse ox, and stethoscope at home. My stethoscope is only because of my previous work in nursing.

I have not seen those watches and interested if anyone here has any experience with one. The EKG option sounds crazy, but it certainly could be helpful. My nuby and daughter have Apple, and Garmin watches that they used to track their workouts, heart rate, etc. I know that my daughter recently got a newer one. I will have to ask her.

Did you purchase Cullen, a fitness tracker/watch last year? I thought that we talked about you may buy him one. I wanted to see if he liked it.

I do plan to purchase a Zogmask once they have a new supply later this month. I also need to replace my old thermometer soon, too.