Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Teens and Young Adults How Are You Coping With Virtual Classrooms?

• How Are You Coping With Virtual Classrooms?

Posted by jen-cueva on April 29, 2020 at 4:15 pm

Thinking about our teens and young adults with PH, I can imagine that y’all are learning new ways to be creative with class assignments. I cannot imagine how difficult going from in-person classes to all online and virtual is for y’all.

I am sure that missing the connection daily with your friends and teachers has not been easy. Several states are already canceling the remainder of this school year. What about in your area? How do you feel about this? What are the pros and cons of online and virtual classes?

Do we have any Seniors? This is undoubtedly a tough time for this age group, in particular.

Parents, what are your thoughts? How do you feel that your teen or young adult is coping? How have you been creative with helping them cope?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 30, 2020 at 9:26 am

I saw this link in NY Times this morning and wanted to share it here. Although the call is over, you can listen to it here. I can only imagine a teen with their already increased emotions during this lockdown.

Take a listen and share your thoughts. What tips can you share that have been helpful with your teen during the lockdown?

• Colleen

April 30, 2020 at 4:08 pm

@jenc my boys are young adults in college and this last semester was completed on-line. My youngest has expressed frustration with effectively asking questions and getting helpful answers when not directly in the classroom. Some things aren’t as easy to teach and learn through the use of Zoom, especially in the automotive field.

The other challenge has been keeping the house quiet during those sessions. We are all warned when one of them will be on a zoom call and inevitably someone in the family will forget and turn up the TV, radio or talk loud. Sometimes the dog will bark or the cat will jump on the key board. Fun times.

• jen-cueva

May 1, 2020 at 9:50 am

Hi,@colleensteele, your house always sounds fun-Hehe. I bet trying to stay quiet as your hubby is working, and the boys Are trying to do Zoom classes. I can picture it all now, your calm voice yelling out as a reminder to keep quiet.

I can imagine the auto classes are challenging to do online. Are they finished for the year? Or, are they still working until later May or early June? I can understand how this must be challenging for them at their ages.

My nephew is a Sophmore in college, and he is going nuts- his words.