• How do you deal with a sick partner?

Posted by jen-cueva on November 17, 2019 at 2:07 pm

I try hard not to depend on my hubby, but at times, I do. He is my rock and for almost 15 years, I have been the “sick” one. I mean, he has kidney stones and things, but nothing major.

Well, just these last few days, this changed big time. My hubby, who is an avid cyclist, had a heart cath on Friday and 2 stents put in! Thursday, I made him go see a doctor when I noticed he was struggling and not doing his usual activity. From there we went to a cardiologist, then the ER. Thank God and his doctors, that he is home and with us. This old has led to a massive heart attack.

These last few days have been overwhelming, to say the least. Thankfully, I am better from bronchitis and the nurse in me has kicked in. He is a tad sore, but hoping to go back to work tomorrow. He is unable to exercise for 2 weeks, which he is not happy with, but there is no breaking that rule, with me in charge!

So now, I am “grounding” him from things for a while.

Have any of y’all dealt with a sick partner? If so, how did you deal with it? What helped you? What was the hardest part?

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.