Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Pediatric PH How Do You Evaluate Your Infants Symptoms?

• How Do You Evaluate Your Infants Symptoms?

Posted by Colleen on March 10, 2020 at 2:35 pm

My son was diagnosed when he was 8 and he was very good at communicating how he was feeling and what his concerns were, but a baby can’t communicate like that.

If your PH child is an infant or baby how do you evaluate their health on a daily basis? What “tells” does your child have that something is wrong? Share your experiences with us.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brittany Foster

March 11, 2020 at 10:20 am

Hey Colleen,

I know that for my parents I was definitely a child that would vocalize ( and as a baby cry a lot) when something was going on. I would also get mean sometimes and just angry. I have a lot of pictures where I clearly have a resting bit** face. I laugh at them but my mom always says something like “aww you poor thing you were probably struggling !” There are also pictures of me where my lips are clearly a little more blue or I would get out of breath and pause to take a dramatic inhale. I am sure my mom can talk more about this too! @jenniferfoster

• jen-cueva

December 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm

I wanted to share this informative article for those who may be parents or loved ones of infants with PH.

This study is encouraging about Adempas to help infants with chronic PH. If you would like to learn more, you can read it below.

Adempas Is Effective in Infants with Chronic PAH: StudyChronic PH