Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies How Do You Feel About Being Seen By A Resident Physician?

• How Do You Feel About Being Seen By A Resident Physician?

Posted by Colleen on September 24, 2020 at 3:18 pm

My son received care at a teaching hospital so he is often seen by a resident during his appointments. To be honest, he doesn’t feel real comfortable about it but so far the care he has received has been excellent. It helps that he doesn’t go home without an attending reviewing what was discussed and decided.

How do you feel about being seen by a resident? Have you had any bad experiences or has it gone well for you?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

September 28, 2020 at 8:59 am

This is an excellent topic, @colleensteele. Residents have seen me on many occasions. I have had a few “hiccups” with a few, but in general, most have been good to work with. For example, one of my most extended hospitalizations, there was this nice-looking young resident that saw me daily. I did not know my family some of that time. But ironically, when I saw that resident later as he came on to work with my current PH team, I remembered him.

I asked if he has seen me before, and my hubby both just laughed, and that is when it was. He was, as I mentioned, easy on the eyes, but he had a big smile and still does. He is an excellent doctor now, and I would be happy for him to see me. He knows his stuff, but he is also charming and kind.

Some others have been extremely rude and have no clue. I like it when they want to learn, except when I am feeling like crap, and they bring 5-6 in my room to learn. I am sure that you have experienced this a million times with Cullen.