Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Oxygen Users How do you refill or recharge your oxygen?

• How do you refill or recharge your oxygen?

Posted by Brittany Foster on January 21, 2020 at 2:15 pm

One of our members posted about a home filler system that she has. She stated: “For those using the home-fill system. There is an option to ask for a 10 ltr concentrator instead of the 5 ltr. It fills quicker than the 5 and offers more oxygen to those who need it. I had to switch to a 10 lltr. I locate it at a distance away from my center of existence (noisy). Utilizing 50 ft. tubing works for me. I have 4 refillable small tanks which I rotate.”

When I was on continuous oxygen, I also had a home filler system and 4 tanks that I could recharge. For me, each one took about 3 hours to recharge when I was done with them and I found myself having to rotate through them throughout the course of the day. Now I am using a portable oxygen and using the Inogen so I just make sure to plug in the batteries and charge them overnight so they are good to go for the next morning.

How do you recharge or refill your oxygen supply? Do you have a home filler system? Do you get tanks delivered weekly? Or do you just plug in your batteries?

Share in our forums !

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

January 21, 2020 at 5:37 pm

I also have a home fill set -up. I refill 2 small tanks with that. I also use that concentrator at night. The fills seem to take forever. It is good to know that maybe a larger concentrator may help. I have never heard that but it makes sense.

I also now have an INogen POC. I like to take that if I am busy for more than a few hours. I like that I can charge it at home or in the vehicle with the car charger. This is more convenient for me when I have long days away from home.

Great question.

• Brittany Foster

January 22, 2020 at 8:51 am

Jen,

I have both too. The hard part about people getting both is that usually insurance doesn’t cover both (the ones that I have spoken with they just don’t cover both pieces of equipment) and some have a hard time getting their insurance to cover the home filler system. I think these companies need some type of lesson on who is on oxygen and what exactly this looks like for EVERYONE. Everyone is so different in the things that they physically can do and can’t do with the oxygen. They shouldn’t just treat it as a one size fits all and assume everyone is house bound because that just isn’t the case.