Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Caregivers and Family Members How Has The Change In Season Affected You?

• How Has The Change In Season Affected You?

Posted by Colleen on October 3, 2019 at 8:00 am

We often think about the patient and how changes in season will affect them but what about the caregivers, parents, spouses, etc.?

As a mom/caregiver to my son, autumn means a change in the way that I relax and take time for myself. I enjoy sitting on my porch with a hot beverage, warm blanket and a book. It’s also one of my favorite times to decorate my home, then relax and enjoy them.

However, the season also brings challenges. It’s the start of cold season and time for me to worry about catching one, or worse, my son coming down with one. Then I remember it’s also time for my family to get their extremely important, flu shots!

How does the change from summer to fall affect you? What do you enjoy about this season and what worries you about it, especially as a caregiver? Please share your thoughts with us.

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Brittany Foster

October 3, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Hey Colleen,
    I am not a caregiver myself but can tell you that my mom loves her Fall decorating. Since I was a kid she loved planting mums in the yard , going to the farms to get cornstalks to hang up around the house, nice wreaths, etc. We usually enjoy doing things like going pumpkin picking and apple picking as a family. This has always been a tradition that I look forward to and we can now look forward to it again thanks to my nephew being old enough to ask about it and really want to do it! I feel like these are activities we really CAN all enjoy no matter what my health may look like at the time.