Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

In this week’s column I interviewed my husband in honor of “Husband Appreciation Day” on April 17th.

As most of you know, our son had PH and received a transplant. Little did we know that our vows, “…in sickness and in health” would be challenged, and strengthened, by our child.

We have had to spend a lot of time apart, especially during transplant recovery but also during long hospital stays throughout Cullen’s PH days.

My husband shares what it has been like for him and what he feels has helped our marriage survive the ups and downs.

I hope you will take a moment to read the column and share your thoughts and experience. Maybe some of the men in our forums will like to share their insight about PH and marriage too.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Awesome column, @colleensteele! I enjoyed the perspectives that Brian shared. It had to be a constant tug on your relationship. But y’all did it and an awesome job at that! You have raised 2 amazing young men, and your love shows through in so many ways.

I love the pics, such a beautiful bride, too. Of course, you are still beautiful.

It’s no secret how much I appreciate my hubby, Manny. He is my Rock and my air when I cannot breathe. He had had to advocate for me when I was unable. He has have been at my side through this, 16 plus years now with PH and my other health issues. It is constant teamwork, but he puts in the most work but never complains.

It truly is a rollercoaster. I agree with Brian. Never a dull moment, and only the strongest marriages survive things such as PH and transplant. Sadly, not all make it.

Happy early anniversary to you and Brian. Tell him he did amazing. I love ya, Colleen.

PS, I never knew there was a Husband Appreciation Day. <3

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc I didn’t know about “Husband Appreciation Day” either. I discovered it through Brad’s list.

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

That is where I thought you saw it but wasn’t sure. Some people know and report some special day each day of the year, it seems. Some of the ones on Brad’s calendar, I question myself why I have not heard of these. lol.

I am grateful to hear your stories about your husband. Brad, @s-steppins. It certainly helps when dealing with such an overwhelming rare disease. We are blessed to have the good guys. Thanks for sharing. Showing appreciation is so important, too.

That is funny; as I am typing, my hubby, Manny, just filled my tea glass because he noticed it was empty. Those little things are the big things.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies.

Susi Steppins
      Participant

Wow @colleensteele.
      What a great article.
      It makes my heart feel good to hear stories of such strong bonds between a couple.
      Thank you for sharing that article.
      Brian sounds like a wonderful person.

I very much appreciate my husband Brad.
      He has always been there for me, but since my diagnosis he has been everything to me.
      He always puts my needs before his own and every day is spent with him making sure I am comfortable and that I have anything I might need.
      He drops anything immediately if there is something I have to have and he has spent many hours just watching me to make sure I am okay, (trouble breathing, afib episodes, medication side effects, etc.)
      He has taken on the burden of having to provide for our family alone.
      Yet I never hear him complaining about it.
      I try to make sure that I tell him at least once a day how much I love him and how very much I appreciate him.

Thank you Colleen for pointing out that Saturday is Husband appreciation Day.
      I will celebrate it with him, for him.

@jenc
      , your husband sounds like one of the good guys.
      I feel lucky to have one of the good guys as well.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@s-steppins thank you for reading the column and I will let my hubby know you appreciated his responses. I enjoy hearing about your husband too. Brad, Brian and Manny are definitely keepers! Have a great weekend and enjoy “Husband Appreciation Day!”

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account