Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH How Will You Celebrate Memorial Day?

• How Will You Celebrate Memorial Day?

Posted by Colleen on May 15, 2020 at 1:20 pm

Members living in the U.S.A., how will you spend Memorial Day Weekend? New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware will be opening some of their beaches but with restrictions. How do you feel about that and do you believe people will comply to the restrictions?

My family will just grill at home and porch sit. We are fine keeping it simple and honestly, that is probably all we would have done anyway.

Colleen replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

May 15, 2020 at 7:32 pm

I think that we will just do a BBQ at home and maybe a dip in the pool @colleensteele. In Texas, they opened the Galveston beaches just before Mother’s Day. On my drive, we went that way, and it was shocking! It looked like Spring Break, it was packed, and traffic was heavy. I will wait for some time and hope to get in the area that we can drive on soon. I will have to go when no one is there.

I like relaxing and simple, that is our usual unless we go to a friend or family’s BBQ. What is your favorite BBQ items? Do y’all prefer burgers or ribs and other items? I love grilled veggies, too. Don’t forget watermelon and dessert. Pasta or potato salad?

• jen-cueva

May 22, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Just as I am heading out to start my long Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to see if y’all have any plans. I realize that with COVID-19, most plans have changed. But, we can still plan a day to look ahead to. What are y’all planning for Memorial Day, if anything?

I am still looking forward to cooking burgers and eating watermelon. I also hope that the weather is nice so that I can relax in and around the pool. Is there anything that y’all have seen that people are celebrating Memorial Day differently this year?

• Colleen

May 22, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Happy Memorial Day to all those celebrating, especially our military.

Like you @jenc we will be grilling at home. My back yard needs some TLC and I’ve been working on it a little at a time. I hope to accomplish more this weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone…stay safe!