• Posted by jen-cueva on December 29, 2021 at 11:58 am

In my recent column, I share some of my reflections on 2021. If I were to sum it up, I would say it’s been a wild and crazy ride, full of surprise blessings.

As we close in on the final few days of 2021, what would you say sums up your 2021? It’s OK to share the good, bad, and ugly that life often throws our way with PH. We are here to support you all.

So, what’re your reflections on 2021 in your life? Let’s talk about this as we head into 2022.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

December 29, 2021 at 5:27 pm

Love this column @jenc! The following I’m sure are relatable to many, “If we aren’t careful, it’s easy to survive only as a patient while missing out on the outside world and our little blessings.” I think of PH and transplant patients as waling on a tight rope every day. It takes effort to balance between the medical life and “real” life.

My favorite is when you say, “Life with PH is a beast. But reflections remind us of the beauty within the beast that we may have missed.” Very well put, Jen!

You and Manny have had quite the year. I think it was quite a bit better than last year for you both and I pray that 2022 is even happier and healthier!

I’ve dealt with some struggles this year but the good times outweigh the bad. I flew out two times to visit my parents, once with Aidan and the other time with Cullen. Heartwarming memories were made during those trips. I’ve maintained wonderful friendships and continue to work for a job I love! And thank God, Cullen had a good health year and I pray for an even better one in 2022!

I look forward to reading how others reflect on 2021.

• jen-cueva

December 30, 2021 at 11:57 am

Thanks, @colleensteele, your heartfelt words mean so much.

You certainly have had your share of struggles this year. Although, I know this is a struggle for you daily as you worry about them both. But, I’m grateful for the visits with each of your boys to see your parents. You are such an exceptionally loving and caring daughter; they are fortunate.

Creating those memories and that time with your parents are the most precious gifts for all.

Cullen having a healthy year is a blessing. I pray that this continues through 2022. I hope and pray that you have a healthier year and the rest of your family, too. I know that you also balance Brian’s health concerns too.

I’m grateful for you and your friendship. Working along with you, my FWW (forum work wife), here with our members is one of my special highlights for the year. Much thanks to you and our members.