Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health If Make-A-Wish Granted Wishes For Adults What Would You Wish?

• If Make-A-Wish Granted Wishes For Adults What Would You Wish?

Posted by Colleen on August 10, 2020 at 2:01 pm

My son was granted a wish from the Make-A-Wish Foundation when he was 8. If you are curious you can read about it in my column posted October 7, 2019, “My Son Dreamed Big, And Make-A-Wish Made It Happen”.

Fun question time…If they granted wishes to adults what would you wish? The patient decides but the entire immediate family is included in the wish, so feel free to chime in, caregivers!

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

August 10, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Hi, @colleensteele,
    I loved reading about Cullen’s wish and meeting George Bush. I know several PH kids and teens who had wishes awarded through MAW. They do some amazing wishes and the impact of these kids is PHenomenal!

Funny, you mention this. When my doctors suggested that I make some advance directives, etc several years back, I thought about this. I came across a site for adults. I kept forgetting to locate it until just now. Here it is, it is called the Dream Foundation. Has anyone heard of it? It is for terminally -ill adults.

At that time and still today, I would choose some type of family getaway for my little family. They have been so supportive and I feel like they should be awarded. I never completed the paperwork because I thought others are worse off and needed it.

What about you, @colleensteele?