• Posted by jen-cueva on March 21, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Hey y’all, I wanted to let y’all know that I’ll be on vacation for a week. I’m going to help my mom with some estate planning for my Grandmother, who passed away around Thanksgiving. But, Wednesday is also the first anniversary of the loss of my stepfather. My mom is having a difficult time with all of this. I hope to offer her help and support while I’m there with it all.

My father also lives about a half-hour away, so I will take a day or two to stay with him, too. It will be great to have this time with them, yet busy.

I’ll miss y’all and hope to check in at times. But please remember to take care of yourselves and do something that makes you smile each day.

As always, my FWW, and co-moderator, @colleensteele, will take excellent care of y’all – much love and hugs. <3

jen-cueva replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Colleen

March 22, 2022 at 3:36 pm

@jenc I know there will be some heartache and challenges as you help and support your mom during your vacation but I’m sure there will also be precious moments shared. When you can relax and do something you enjoy while taking this deserved time off. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

• jen-cueva

March 23, 2022 at 10:58 pm

Thank you @colleensteele, your friendship and support means so much. Yes, it’s been heartache today as it was the anniversary of when we lost my stepfather last year. We went to the cemetery and also visited my grandfather too while we were there. His birthday would have been tomorrow.

We’ve hugged, laughed, and cried as we look through pictures and memorabilia.

I appreciate the prayers, too.

• Colleen

March 25, 2022 at 4:48 pm

@jenc the memory of doing this will become just as precious. I think grief is one of the hardest emotions to deal with in life, but grieving with loved ones is somehow – a blessing.

Love you Jen and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

• jen-cueva

March 30, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Hi @colleensteele, thank you, my friend. I am incredibly grateful that I could make that trip and help my mom deal with this. It was some hard times and some laughter, along with sharing many old stories. I also learned a few things about my late grandmother and her mother.

I’m home safe and happy to be back. I’ve missed y’all and am exhausted, too. It was lovely to sleep in my bed last night and be back with Manny and Sasha.

Thanks, Colleen, for taking care of our forum members while I was away- hugs.

• Colleen

March 31, 2022 at 7:26 am

We missed you too @jenc but I’m so glad you were able to be there for your mom during a difficult time. Even during sad moments in life precious memories can be made and it sounds like all of you did just that.

• jen-cueva

March 31, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele; yes, I’m happy that I could be there and help. I was hoping we could get a bit more accomplished, but she made sure that I rested in between. But, it was an experience with memories I won’t forget, well, except when my brain fog kicks in- hehe. Love ya bunches, my FWW.

• linda-concoby

March 23, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Travel mercies, Jen. It’s so good you can be supportive of your mother, and see your father, too.  “…take care of yourself and do something that makes you smile every day,” Jen. I will do the same, thank you!

• jen-cueva

March 23, 2022 at 11:04 pm

Hi @lindaconcoby, you’re so kind. I’m grateful that I could come for a week to be with mom and help her some.

Oh, I’ve smiled in between the laughs and tears with her today. You know talking about those we’ve lost is what keeps those memories alive and then in our hearts.

Have a great week. How are you doing?

• debbie-moore

March 24, 2022 at 11:03 am

@jenc so glad you are with your mom during this time.  Time and tears seem to be the ticket for grieving.  Praying for your time with your mom and your dad to be blessed and travel mercies when it’s time to come home.

• jen-cueva

March 30, 2022 at 2:16 pm

Hi @debbie, I appreciate your kind words and travel mercies. It was a precious time and something that I will never forget. Although we shared grief, we shared happy times, too. I brought home a few tiny treasures that were my late grandmother’s. Those are always priceless treasures.

I’m happy to be home now – hugs.

• carol-volckmann

March 24, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Hey Jen, tears, laughter, hugs – it is so good to be able to share all of it supporting each other. Please remember how important it is to take care of your self. Sending you lots of positive vibes, prayers and love  for you and your mom and grand dad. ????

• jen-cueva

March 30, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, thank you, my sweet PHriend. I did rest some in between other things for my mom and dad. It was bittersweet leaving but happy to be home and back on the forums.

I know that you’re enjoying a great trip; stay safe and let us know once you return home safe and rested. I know you will have precious memories to hold on to.