• Posted by jen-cueva on August 5, 2020 at 4:00 pm

When I ask you to complete this sentence, what would you say?

I’m deserving of…

Finish this sentence as a reminder to yourself that despite what anyone else says or does to make you feel like you’re not enough, you are worthy of things like friendship, medical care, kindness, and self-love. Living with PH and add in the challenges of today, we need to remind ourselves that we are worthy. Be patient with ourselves.

I will go first; I “m deserving of peace, less pain, and self-love. What about you? How would you complete this sentence?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

August 7, 2020 at 2:22 pm

This is such an important topic. Thanks @jenc for making us think about this.

Jen, you are most deserving of everything you mentioned and more! Just your kind and compassionate personality gives so much to others, I would hope you feel love in return.

I hope you don’t mind a sarcastic response first…I’m deserving of a vehicle that doesn’t always break down.
    Hehe…sorry, but that was my first thought.

Oh dear, now I’m going from funny to dark… I’m deserving of my children out-living me.

Agh, sorry, that truly was my second thought. Let’s try this again.

I’m deserving of good friends, a loving family and the basic needs to make life comfortable.

Cullen deserves the best health care and a long life.

• jen-cueva

August 7, 2020 at 3:42 pm

I’m grateful for you and your kindness, @colleensteele.

You are also deserving of all. A dependable vehicle is something that you need and deserve. How’s that going?

Your second response made me tearful. But I can see this being something you worry about. Hugs <3

Yes, Cullen is deserving of the best healthcare and long life. He's fortunate to have you as a member of mom, caregiver, strong support, and advocate.

You are so deserving of these and so much more. Your gentleness, compassion, and dedication stands out to me and everyone you meet, I am sure.