Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

A PF forums member is asking about the drug Treprostinil (inhaled) as a PH medication… have any of you heard of this or have/known anyone with experience with it? He’s referencing this NEJM article: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2008470

If there is any information you are able to share Jen and I will pass it on to the PF forum member. Thank you!

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Thanks, @colleensteele, for sharing this. I know that we had a few mention that they have both PH and ILD.

The only concern I hear about Tyvaso is scratchy throat and how often they need to do this inhaled treatment throughout the day. I know a few PHriends who stopped it because of the side effects and inconvenience. I am hoping that someone on Tyvaso can help us with some more information.

Dennis smith
      Participant

Have been using fir over a year. This drug has given me a jife . On 8 liters continously. Before could not stay on treadmill for more than one or two minutes , now and hour and a half ,.At the end of the four hour sequence I know I need it . No real side effects , without this drug woukd be in home, I am in bed stage and doing well

Colleen Steele
        Keymaster

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Treprostinil @steelcity1. It’s encouraging to hear a positive experience with the treatment. It sounds like it has really lifted you up both physically and emotionally.

Dennis smith
      Participant

forgot to mention. I also have ILD COPD Enphysema

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Thank you so much, @steelcity, for sharing your experience with Tyvaso and ILD. I am happy that this was the best treatment for you. You sound like it helps you in many ways.

I am happy to share this information if that is OK with someone in the PF community, with ILD and PH. I will wait until you say it is OK.

I love hearing the positive results from the treatments. Your post makes my heart happy, thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account