This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vanessa Vaile 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Kathleen Sheffer 
    Participant

[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwZ0OeHEXt/[/embed]

Happy International Women’s Day to all the lovely ladies in our forums!

Did you know the CDC estimates that pulmonary hypertension is two to four times more common among women than men? Researchers are still trying to explain this and I’ve seen a number of studies looking at the role of female sex hormones in PH. Have you seen any interesting research tracking this connection?

March 8

At long last (seriously it was a process), I got access to the Pulmonary Hypertension News Instagram account! I’m excited to see some of you already commenting on our latest post. Follow the link in the photo above to tag the women in your life who are affected by PH.

If you’re looking for more ways to stay up-to-date on the latest news, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook, and don’t forget to keep coming back to these forums to join our discussions.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Brittany Foster 
    Keymaster

I was actually involved in a study that tested my female hormones weekly and I had weekly PFT tests, echos, and 6 minute walk test and all the results were recorded. I’m so curious as to what the findings were in the study ! Women are so strong! I mean dealing with periods (or lack of in some of our cases), fluctuating hormones, and diseases on top of it and the silent killer among women (heart disease). I’m surprised we aren’t all bionic by now ! #womenpower #whorunstheworld #girls #yonce

Vanessa Vaile 
    Participant

Likewise — I keep coming across the figures and references to studies but so far no conclusions or even theories. PH is definitely the IDK condition across the board.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account