Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Pediatric PH Is Your Child Wise Beyond Their Fears?

• Is Your Child Wise Beyond Their Fears?

Posted by Colleen on March 9, 2021 at 3:00 pm

I believe we have a few new parents/caregivers to children who have PH.

That wasn’t a type. I did meant to ask, “Is your child wise beyond their fears?”. Read my column this week to find out what I mean by that.

My son was 8 when he was diagnosed with PH and sick with it for 2 years prior. He was already a bit of an old soul to begin with but PH made him even more so. But he was still a little boy and it was so important to me that I protect the child in him. I cherished all of the cute little things he would say and do, even while in a hospital setting.

What are some memorable things that your child has said or done that reminded everyone that this patient isn’t an adult but an innocent and adorable little one?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

March 11, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Wow, @colleensteele, this was a beautiful example of how wise Cullen has been through the years and during his fears. Your writing makes me crave more. Your details and the pics are nice touches.

I love the comments from Cullen at such a young age. He certainly is wise beyond his years and fears.

Thanks for sharing such a touch story. I know reliving these moments must not always be easy. You are helping so many by sharing your stories for myself and others to be inspired. Beautifully written, another favorite column.

• Colleen

March 12, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Thank you @jenc. I appreciate the feedback. I try to use the parts of Cullen’s experience that have the greatest possibility of helping others.

• jen-cueva

March 15, 2021 at 12:52 pm

@colleensteele, you do an amazing job! Your perspective helps so many as you share your stories. I know I learn something new from you most days.