Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins Kesia Is Home And Doing Well!

• Kesia Is Home And Doing Well!

Posted by Colleen on August 1, 2022 at 3:47 pm

@hussbutton posted this updated which I’m sharing here to make sure everyone has a chance to read it! I’m placing it under “Weekly Wins” because it definitely deserves a spot here!

“Update – Kesia and I made it home yesterday and we are thrilled, Yay! So when Kesia and I travel, chaos ensues. let me tell you. Our attitude toward road trips is primarily” to wing it” with some level of preparation, and by preparation I mean overpacking. We were in the desert, 100 miles from civilization in either direction and three hours from home when we………………..broke down and both immediately started to wig out. Luckily, even though the engine would not “go” we still had power so we sat on the side of I- 10 with the airconditioner blasting indulging in Tik Tok and snacking on Fritos, bean dip, and lemon bars, compliments of Granny Pat, for 2 and a half hours waiting to be rescued …. shout out to the husband for racing to save us and driving back today to get my car, Yay!

Despite coming back to an elevation of 3740 in El Paso from sea level (79) in Houston, Kesia is feeling awesome and breathing like a champ. and can walk 2 miles with no problems, her headaches have diminished in frequency and she has discovered that 4 Advil work significantly better than her pain medicine. Her medication list and dosing schedule are overwhelming right now, but we are working on different approaches to navigate and successfully manage that whole thing. To be honest, anything past that, I don’t have the mental, emotional, or intellectual capacity to address yet, but I will get there.

Dr. Sahay and his team were nothing short of incredible. They are caring, experienced, and knowledgeable, they waste no time and show genuine concern for Kesia and her wellness as a whole person, not just her illness and I appreciate that, a lot. Thankful does not begin to describe how I feel about this forum and everyone here and for bringing us, Dr. Sahay. I will continue to pray without ceasing and find joy in every day, no matter what.

Love and prayers for peace and healing
    Faith Greathouse
    @hussbutton

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Colleen

August 1, 2022 at 3:52 pm

@hussbutton I love everything about this update from the snack fest when your car broke down to how well Kesia is doing! My heart is so happy for your family! The routine, knowledge, even acceptance will come in time. You are all doing great. Just take things a step at a time and I pray that Keisa’s health and quality of life continues to improve!

• jen-cueva

August 2, 2022 at 12:03 pm

Oh no, Mrs. Faith, @hussbutton! I’m sorry about the breakdown. I’m grateful that you and Kesis made the best of it. I knew I was family already, but after reading how you and Kesia chilled alongside I-10, I know I must have been estranged; hehe.

As I read this, my heart is overflowing with joy, gratitude, and love. Y’all are doing fantastic! As Colleen says, one step at a time. We are all here and ready to support y’all when you are ready. I’m keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep in touch, and I’ll also check in with y’all.

Thanks @colleensteele, for creating a post and sharing it with everyone.

• Carol Volckmann

August 3, 2022 at 1:19 pm

WOW,what jouney you two have had! You both are absolutely amazing finding humor, having patience, and just dealing with adversity calmly enjoying your snack waiting over 2 hours on I-10 till help arrived!!!

Home at last and Keisa breathing well and feeling so much better. Mrs Faith, you are a champ!! Please now take it easy, one day at a time and please make sure you bith get plenty of rest.

You are in our hearts and orayers.

• jen-cueva

September 22, 2022 at 2:54 pm

Hi @hussbutton and @kakes, how are y’all doing? Y’all have been in my thoughts, and I keep forgetting to reach out and check in. How’s Kesia doing after her pneumonia a few weeks ago?

Please be sure that you both are taking care of yourselves, too. I know y’all have such a heavy load. Big hugs and prayers are with y’all.

• Colleen

October 13, 2022 at 11:22 pm

@hussbutton and @kakes I am wondering if either of you might be interested in participating in “30 Days of PH” and share a bit of Kesia’s recent PH journey with others? If so, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you more information and instruction to help you decide if you would like to contribute. Thank you!

===============================================================================

If any of our other members would like to participate, you can also email me and I will send you information as well!

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Hi @hussbutton and @kakes. I’ve tried emailing to check in on Kesia. How is she doing after pneumonia? Is she still using oxygen?

How are you both doing? How are the kiddos? Please check in when you have a chance. I’ve been worried about y’all.