Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Libby
      Participant

Has anyone else experienced leg pain when standing for lengths of time? Mine get achy and throbbing. I’ve been tested for peripheral artery disease and everything was normal. My legs don’t swell but they feel swollen which is a strange thing. I am a dental assistant and on my feet 10 hrs a day. I used work at a restaurant and had same issue which is why I got tested for narrow leg arteries. I think it is heart related but doctor doesn’t say much about it. Unless my legs get swollen, he doesn’t care much. I’ve tried wearing compression socks and it doesn’t help.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@libby now that we can comment again I hope members will jump in and discuss. How are you doing? Any improvement?

Alfred Gronroos
      Participant

@libby, Hi from sunny AZ. I have serious leg pain when standing for a few minutes. I do have peripheral neuropathy especially active in left leg. My left leg swelled up with edema about 5 years ago and I mean big. They did an ultra sound and no blockage found. Had MRIs, cat scans, x-rays, nothing doctors found. I just had three epidermal steroid shots which did relieve some of the pain in my legs. Going to get more spinal shots but test shots are Jan-Feb and the real shots in June -July. So it looks like months of pain. Besides the pain my legs do not function normal- I walk like a zombie which I will be someday, hopefully not soon. I have also tried compression socks – no real idea if they work. My neurologist prescribed Meloxican for pain – keeps pain less than a ten. I have had heart checked – given water pills, taken for a year now. I had stand up jobs most of my working career – is this catching up with me? Libby sorry but not a big help, just a whiner.Good luck finding the right doctor. Be safe. Al

Colleen Steele
        Keymaster

@alfredjohn you are not a whiner. A large part of these forums and helping each other feel less alone with PH, it’s symptoms and treatments side-effects. Remind us in Jan.-Feb. when you are going in for your spinal shots so we can offer you support. They don’t sound like a lot of fun to me. Do they at least help?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account