Tagged: , ,

• Let’s Support Colleen and Her Family

Posted by jen-cueva on September 28, 2020 at 9:31 am

Please send @colleensteele and her family your positive thoughts, love, and prayers. She lost her mother-in-law over the weekend. This happened pretty quickly, so I know they were not expecting this.

Without knowing much detail, we were wrapping our arms around you, Colleen. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Brain, and the family at such a difficult time. You are loved, and we are here to support you through this heartbreaking time.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Dawn

September 28, 2020 at 8:20 pm

@colleensteele, sending thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Words always seem so inadequate at a time of great loss, but know you & your family are being thought of at this time.

• Colleen

September 28, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Thank you @jenc and @dawnt. My mother-in-law had a stroke about 8 years ago and her health since then has not been the best. She was declining rapidly this year but not to the point that we thought we would lose her anytime soon. At least the blessing was that she passed peacefully at home.

My in-laws live in WI and we live in WA state. My husband is handicapped and not in the best of health himself so traveling was out of the question. Cullen can’t travel because of Covid and I couldn’t go because I am his primary caregiver. So, my youngest flew out on his own. He is sad of course but looking forward to seeing the state he was born in and meeting family that he was too young to remember.

It’s been really hard on my husband not being able to go out for his mother’s funeral but having our son there has made him feel a little better. They are going to live-stream the funeral so that we can see it and so that my husband can have some type of closure.

I appreciate the kind words and prayers. Thank you both!

• jen-cueva

September 29, 2020 at 9:25 am

I am grateful that Aidan wanted to go and could make that trip. It is like he is representing the family here. That must be a huge help to your husband. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you all, but not being there has to be heartbreaking for him. I hope that Aidan will take some pics of the family and share it with you all when he returns home.

This year has been a bit different, and so many are having to say their goodbyes from a distance. But it does not make things any better. I am happy that they can live stream the services so that your husband can have some closure.

My thoughts and prayers continue for you all, @colleensteele.

• Colleen

September 29, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Thank you @jenc. He has been texting Brian and sending him pictures since he arrived. He sent his dad a very touching message yesterday that meant the world to my husband. He looked over at me and said with tears in his eyes, “I think we did a good job raising our boys.”.

The only thing that has me nervous is the darn Covid. He is wearing a mask, practicing social distancing and only immediate family will be attending the funeral, but I’m still worried. Other than that, we are so happy that he is there.

• Jennifer Beaty

September 29, 2020 at 3:09 pm

@colleensteele I most sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• V.R. Peterson

September 29, 2020 at 3:38 pm

@colleensteele, I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. ????

• Bill Jones

September 29, 2020 at 4:08 pm

@colleensteele so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you and your family and you son returns safely.

• Sally Hoffman

September 29, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Dear Colleen,

Our most sincere condolences. You and your family are in our prayers.

• Carol Volckmann

September 29, 2020 at 4:50 pm

Colleen I am so very sorry you and your family are suffering yet another heart ache. It breaks my heart that Brian was unable to attend his Mother’s funeral. Your family seems to always pull together and does what you can – Aiden traveling to WI representing the family, to be there for his dad. My husband,Dick, and myself send Brian and your family our deepest condolences.

• jen-cueva

September 30, 2020 at 11:22 am

Oh @colleensteele, thank you for sharing this. I loved reading this, “He sent his dad a very touching message yesterday that meant the world to my husband. He looked over at me and said with tears in his eyes, “I think we did a good job raising our boys.”.”- tears fill my eyes of joy.

I know this must have made you and your husband both so very proud and smile as you know he is representing the family there. I know that you will worry because of COVID, but know that Aidan is taking all of the precaustions. His love for Cullen shines through all of your stories, that helps and makes a difference in how much he does to take these precaustions.

Well done to you and your husband! <3

• Sandy

October 2, 2020 at 3:49 am

I am adding my heartfelt sympathy, Colleen, to everyone else’s. You and your family have obviously faced so many challenges, together with love and persistence, that you inspire me. I know that your love for each other, and the love of your extended family, will help to support you through this very tough challenge. Blessings to all of you.

• jen-cueva

October 2, 2020 at 11:14 am

Thinking of you and your family today as y’all watch the funeral via live-stream. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache that Brian and you all are going through right now. Just so thankful that you all have some closure while celebrating your mother-in-law. My heart is with y’all today. Please reach out at any time.