Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms What to Do When You Are Feeling Light-Headed and Dizzy

• What to Do When You Are Feeling Light-Headed and Dizzy

Posted by Brittany Foster on June 14, 2018 at 10:43 am

Today, unfortunately, is just one of those days! This morning when I was hanging outside with the kids I watch, I started to feel a lot more tired. Just simply throwing a baseball and playing catch made me feel more fatigued. After dropping the kids off at school, I went upstairs to my apartment and started to see spots in front of my face and my legs became weaker.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me during the day and it certainly won’t be the last. With PH it is common to have days where there is increased fatigue, dizziness, and light headed feeling. It is hard for me to tell what has triggered it, but sometimes there is no exact trigger it is just like that from the very start of the morning.

On days where I am more dizzy and have the “seeing spots” feeling from lack of blood flow and oxygen, I need more rest. Even though it is a gorgeous day out and I would love nothing more than to sit by the pool and get tan, I know that isn’t in the cards for me today. I stay away from the things that would without a doubt make my dizziness worse like laying in the sun, staying in the heat, exercising, over exerting myself, etc.

Today I am sticking to doing light activities that mostly involve laying down and resting. I made sure to get nutrients and protein in my body to help give me energy to get through the rest of the day without having to nap too often. I am spending time today reading, writing, and taking care of myself.

Do you experience days when you are more light headed and dizzy? What are some things that may make it worse for you? What do you do on days like this to take care of yourself?

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.