This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Cueva 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Colleen Steele 
    Keymaster

Does your child have autism and pulmonary hypertension? How do you advocate for your child’s autism while they are being treated for PH? I can imagine that there are challenges. Please share your experience and possibly help other parents just starting out on this journey. I found this article that I thought gives compassionate advice but what are your thoughts?

Tips for treating children with autism

Jen Cueva 
    Participant

Great topic, Colleen!

I wanted to Share this article. I read it this morning and shared it with others as I think it could be fun. If anyone has children with autism, you may be interested. I find these programs so cool!

Surfing

Brittany Foster 
      Keymaster

I love programs that are inclusive too all children regardless of their abilities. My cousin is a part of a program that is called “surfers healing”. They have done such great things for those with special needs and have even helped kiddos out into the water to surf who otherwise wouldn’t have had that experience. It really is so inspiring and the heart of the people involved really shines through.

Jen Cueva 
        Participant

Thanks, Brittany for sharing.So cool that your cousin was part of them, “Surfer’s Healing” program. They both are also located in Southern California. I think these types of programs are awesome.

Colleen, definitely share as I know many programs are not so easy to locate and most are never heard of.

Colleen Steele 
      Keymaster

Thank you Jen and Brittany for sharing the Surfing article and the “Surfers healing” program. I have a few friends whose children have autism and I wonder if they are aware of these opportunities? I’m definitely going to share it with them!

Brittany Foster 
    Keymaster

Here is a link to the surfers healing program ! When my cousin did it, it was for a bunch of kids of all age ranges with various abilities, not just for those with autism. Take a look at it in the link to their website:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account