Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Pediatric PH Living With Pulmonary Hypertension and Autism

• jen-cueva

August 8, 2019 at 10:04 am

Great topic, Colleen!

I wanted to Share this article. I read it this morning and shared it with others as I think it could be fun. If anyone has children with autism, you may be interested. I find these programs so cool!

Surfing

• Brittany Foster

August 8, 2019 at 11:10 am

I love programs that are inclusive too all children regardless of their abilities. My cousin is a part of a program that is called “surfers healing”. They have done such great things for those with special needs and have even helped kiddos out into the water to surf who otherwise wouldn’t have had that experience. It really is so inspiring and the heart of the people involved really shines through.

• jen-cueva

August 9, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Thanks, Brittany for sharing.So cool that your cousin was part of them, “Surfer’s Healing” program. They both are also located in Southern California. I think these types of programs are awesome.

Colleen, definitely share as I know many programs are not so easy to locate and most are never heard of.

• Colleen

August 8, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Thank you Jen and Brittany for sharing the Surfing article and the “Surfers healing” program. I have a few friends whose children have autism and I wonder if they are aware of these opportunities? I’m definitely going to share it with them!

• Brittany Foster

August 8, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Here is a link to the surfers healing program ! When my cousin did it, it was for a bunch of kids of all age ranges with various abilities, not just for those with autism. Take a look at it in the link to their website: