• Joanne Sperando

June 23, 2020 at 6:34 pm

@jenc I started my PH journey with Dr. Robyn Barst at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC. She worked with a great team, including her fellow cardiologist, Dr. Evelyn Horn. My brother and I saw them both until Dr. Horn moved on to Weill Cornell and started a PH center there. After Dr. Barst retired, I transferred to Dr. Horn who remembered me from 1998. In fact, she diagnosed me. I can’t find the article but there’s a LOT of info out there now about pulmonary artery aneurysms in PH. I consider myself VERY fortunate to be in her care. She’s pulled me out of the fire twice! Yes, we’re still on lockdown and I’m planning my first virtual meeting with PHA’s help for next week!

@colleensteele, I absolutely feel better some days than others. I bought a portable O2 concentrator for traveling and use that if I feel I need it.

• jen-cueva

June 24, 2020 at 11:18 am

Wow, @joanne-sperando-schmidt, I have heard so many beautiful stories of Dr. Barst. I know that she is certainly missed in the PH world. She was a true pioneer. I can relate to that, Dr. Channick, my PH doctor for about 10 years before I had to change, was a lifesaver for me. I am grateful that you are here and sharing your journey.

I certainly want to research a bit more about PH and PA aneurysms. I cannot wait to hear more about your virtual meeting. Do y’all do virtual during the harsh winter months, too? I know that y’all have such cold winters.

• Joanne Sperando

June 24, 2020 at 10:07 pm

@jenc All the stories are absolutely true. Dr. Barst and Dr. Horn are pioneers. And I know Dr. Channick too. I met him when I served on the PHA board. We’re so fortunate to have minds like these in our community. I’ll let you know how the virtual meeting goes…it’s our first!

• jen-cueva

June 25, 2020 at 10:34 am

How long were you on the PHA boards, @joanne-sperando-schmidt? Maybe that is why your name keeps sounding familiar. I worked with Katie and those in advocacy for years. I still do as I find the time.

I miss Dr. Channick greatly!

I led a patient panel at the PH Conference in Dallas about 4 years ago. Were you there, or did I ask you that already?

Good luck with your meeting, have you joined any of the virtual PHA HH yet?

• Joanne Sperando

June 29, 2020 at 7:46 pm

I served two terms on the board. it was a wonderful experience. I haven’t been to a conference in a long time. What’s PHA HH?

• jen-cueva

June 30, 2020 at 11:26 am

Impressive, @joanne-sperando-schmidt, I am sure that you know a few of my PHriends, too, then. PHA HH is the virtual happy hour that I have seen some weeks on Facebook. I have yet to remember to attend. It is usually on Thursdays, and I think it is on Zoom.

How did your virtual support group meeting go?

Page 2 of 2