Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups PH and Co-Existing Conditions Mild PH on echo and limited Scleroderma

• Mild PH on echo and limited Scleroderma

Posted by AJ on April 23, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Last year had an echo with slight PH doctors not worried had a lung function test everything good lung doctor wants to do a CT and stress echo
    With PH function next month. What kind of treatment do they use with success for PH and scleroderma my big issue is I also have mitral valve regurgitation and prolapse so lung doctor thinks mild ph coming for group two

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 23, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Hi @princesslilac1111, welcome. I do not have scleroderma but have several PH friends that deal with both. They are on calcium channel blockers. These are oral medications and have been useful to help slow the progression of their PH.

The stress echo that you are having is common if people have mild or exercise-induced PH. I know most of this because I am a long-term, just over 15 years PH patient.

Everyone reacts differently to medications, too. Your PH doctors will be best to tell you which treatments may help. Are you also on antiinflammatory meds for your scleroderma? Did you have scleroderma for a while before they noticed this? Or is this all new for you?

• AJ

April 23, 2020 at 7:08 pm

All new and no meds just Ursodiol caps for possible PBC due to scleroderma. I have limited but it makes me very concerned since I had mild ph on echo even though cardiologist stated echo is over estimated. Lung doctor wants to recheck a most a year anyways and he said if he has any concern after test results will do right early cath

• jen-cueva

April 24, 2020 at 10:25 am

Hi @princesslilac1111, I am glad to hear that they are staying on top of this. I am sure that you are also monitoring any symptoms that may be new for you. Often, I suggest that new PH patients take notes, in a journal or your phone, and save any symptom that is out of their “norm.” That way, these can be brought up to your medical team.

It sounds like a PH clinic already sees you. What area are you in?