Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins MILLISCENT AND ME LIVING WITH PAH A TERMINAL DISEASE

• Randolph Reynolds

July 28, 2022 at 10:23 am

Colleen

Thanks for putting this out.  As I mentioned this is not great writing more like a post memoir report.  However it was time to share my experiences.  For those who may want to read it I have included my other medical issues leading up to being diagnosed with PAH.

We are a special group and linked by similar challenges.  Best to all.

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2022 at 11:22 am

Wow, so excited to read this, @ripple76! Congrats on such a huge accomplishment. I just ordered my copy, and it will be delivered by Monday. Once I read it, I’ll be sure to leave a review and also share it with others.

You certainly finished it quicker than I thought, so WTG! I’m incredibly proud of you, buddy!

Thank you, @colleensteele, for sharing this with our members. I hope others will have an opportunity to read it and share their thoughts with Randy, too.

You are right, Randy; we have an extraordinary group here- hugs and love to all.

• Carol Volckmann

July 28, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Congratulations Randy! I am looking forward to reading your book. Telling folks about your journey with PAH on the forum is really good and helps all of to learn from each other. You took it to another level and to a huge number out there to learn what this disease is, giving hope. Thank you Randy for putting your journey out there!!

• Colleen

July 28, 2022 at 12:36 pm

@ripple76 anything that can potentially help and support others IS great writing!

• Colleen

August 29, 2022 at 6:49 pm

I read @ripple76 book, “Milliscent and Me: Living With PAH A Terminal Disease” and felt inspired to write a column about it. And now I hope when you read the column you will feel inspired to read the book. It’s well worth it!

When you do, share your thoughts about it with us and questions you might have for Randy.

The following is a link to the column.

What Do a Jet Fighter and a PAH Fighter Have in Common?

• jen-cueva

August 30, 2022 at 11:39 am

There are so many reasons that I love this piece, @colleensteele. First and foremost, it is about one of our remarkable forum members whom I admire for many reasons, @ripple76.

Reading his book added so much more to his incredible life story and was inspiring. I appreciate Randy’s challenges as a fighter jet serving our country. I applaud him and his lovely wife, Mrs. Vonna, AKA Rabbit, on their close partnership that withstood so many difficult times back then and continues to do so today.

Your piece and his book remind us all that PH is only a tiny part of our lives when we think about it. Those of us who weren’t diagnosed as a child have so many stories before PH, and that often plays a massive part in how we deal with the challenges of PH.

Thank you both for sharing such an incredible piece. I know that many will benefit and feel hope as they are inspired.

• Randolph Reynolds

August 30, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Thank Colleen for all the help.  As I said before I like the way you wrote this up.  Jen your comments about the fact that PH is only a tiny part of our lives is true.  I was fortunate that my working career(s) were over when I had to deal with PAH.

Best to everyone

• Colleen

August 30, 2022 at 6:54 pm

@jenc @ripple76 it is all a part of not letting PH define us, and that includes caregivers too.

• jen-cueva

August 31, 2022 at 11:15 am

Hi, @ripple76 and @colleensteele; your words are on point. I agree, Colleen; the caregivers are included with this, too.

I enjoyed reading the book, and the interview compliments the book. Thank you both for doing this and sharing.