Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Navigating Within our Forums

• Navigating Within our Forums

Posted by kathleen-sheffer on March 7, 2019 at 4:05 pm

We broke 500 members this week, and it’s so exciting to watch our forums grow. I wanted to check in with you all and make sure we are still creating a positive experience through this site. I’m familiar with all the inner workings of our WordPress site, but even I can get a bit lost in all the activity.

Today I thought I’d outline some tools for you to use the forums most effectively and efficiently. You can always private message @brittany-foster or me if you get frustrated and need some technical support!

Here’s what you see when you first navigate to the forums from the main Pulmonary Hypertension News site.

From here you can pick a forum you are most interested in (they’re listed in alphabetical order) and read all the posts under that theme.

If you’re more interested in the latest responses, you might select one of the newest topics or recent responses from the sidebar.

More often, I navigate to the Activity tab. On this page, I can sort through the latest activity. If I am specifically looking to welcome our new users, I’ll select Show: New Members. You might want to select Show: Topics to filter out profile updates and new signups and get straight to the latest content and discussions.

New to our site is the Forum Help tab. If you would like to reach our technical support team, you can describe your issue in this contact form. As usual, you are welcome to message Brittany and me. We’re not always online, but one of us will respond within 12 hours to assist you.

Do you have any questions about using our forums? Have you found other ways to efficiently access the content you’re looking for? Honestly, I’m still learning, so please share your tips with me! Our team keeps adding features to improve your experience, and we value your feedback.

jen-cueva replied 5 years ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • vanessa-vaile

March 8, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I just tried to comment in a post thread and have been getting an error message.

• donna-adams

March 9, 2019 at 10:11 am

I’ve been getting that error message also.

• brittany-foster

March 10, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Hi Donna and Vanessa,
      I will be sure to bring this up to our tech department on Monday morning when everyone is back! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, one of the things about working with computers is that sometimes there can be glitches in the system or the computer marks something as an “error” that isn’t! I’ll see what we can do about this. If this were to happen again though and you really wanted to post it, feel free to message Kathleen or me and we can post the update or reply for you and tag you in it so you are able to get the responses from it.

• jen-cueva

March 27, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I just have a question, aren’t we all already friends on here as we all comment on the topics? Maybe I just asked before and forgot ( yes, I’ll blame CRS ) …I’m getting friend requests here and unsure why and what does accepting the friends include differently than using the forums?

Thanks in advance 🙈

• kathleen-sheffer

March 27, 2019 at 4:43 pm

I do not understand the friend request feature myself – I just accept them when I remember. I don’t think it has an impact on your ability to communicate with other members. Sorry I don’t have a better answer.

• brittany-foster

March 28, 2019 at 7:14 am

Yea I don’t think that feature really means too much! It’s like an open Facebook type thing where you actually don’t have to be someone’s “Friend” to see what they are commenting and posting and you can still reply to them! I’m pretty sure you can still send direct messages too.

• jen-cueva

March 28, 2019 at 3:57 pm
      • Lol @brittany-foster, well it helps that you and Kathleen both are on the sa,e page! I I thought I was losing it…🙈
  • jen-cueva

March 27, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Haha Kathleen, thanks …now I feel a little better about not getting it, lol …

Hope you’re doing well ! 🤗

• kathleen-sheffer

March 27, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Doing well! Trying to keep up with your posts! Great to see you on here 🙂 Hope you are feeling good.

• jen-cueva

March 27, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Good😊
    Sorry , I’m just trying to play catch up some after being MIA awhile, lol 😂