January 22, 2020 at 4:24 pm #22687Colleen SteeleKeymasterI’m sharing this from another support group. I thought this list will be helpful to many parents within our forums whose children have PH, are listed or have received a transplant or living with co-existing conditions. Some organizations are state specific but several are nation wide.Have you reached out to any of these groups in the past and if so, were they able to help you?Non-Profit Grants and Scholarships for Children with Special Needs
For additional help, you can also check out Benefit.gov’s.
- Action for Autism helps families obtain the resources and funds they need to raise their child.
- The Arya Foundation provides financial assistance and medical equipment for families raising children with special needs.
- Bryan’s Hope provides financial assistance for children with brain cancer.
- The Chronic Disease Fund helps families obtain expensive prescription medications needed for children with chronic diseases.
- The Different Needz Foundation offers grants to families with children who have developmental issues to purchase medical equipment and services.
- First Hand Foundation offers grants and scholarships to families of children with special needs who have exhausted health insurance.
- The Hike Fund provides hearing devices to children from birth to age 20 whose families cannot afford them.
- The Humanitarian Foundation helps families cover the cost of dental treatment for children with special needs.
- My Life Without Limits provides educational and financial resources to families of children with special needs.
- National Organization for Rare Disease (NORD) offers financial assistance to families of children with rare diseases so they can afford life-sustaining medications.
- The Parker Lee Project offers medical supplies and equipment for families with children with disabilities.
- Seedling Braille Books for Children gives children three free braille books a year to improve literacy for visually impaired children.
- Small Steps in Speech offers grants to children in need of speech therapy.
- Variety The Children’s Charity provides grants to children with mobile disabilities.
- Wheelchairs 4 Kids gives children access to wheelchairs and equipment to improve mobility.
July 28, 2020 at 10:20 am #26416Jen CuevaKeymaster
I wanted to share this again as It may have been missed. It was about 6 months ago but has such value. @colleensteele gives a helpful list of resources to those who have children with special needs. I am interested to see if anyone has reached out and if so, what was your experience?
I can only imagine how challenging it must be for our parents with special needs children. Thanks for sharing this, Colleen. I hope that others will find it helpful, too.
July 28, 2020 at 4:16 pm #26421Colleen SteeleKeymaster
Thanks for re-sharing, Jen. If I had happened upon this list when Cullen had PH I might have looking into a few of them, especially Wheelchairs 4 Kids. It would be great to hear from someone who has contacted any of these sources.
July 22, 2021 at 6:35 pm #31187
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.