• PH and GI disorders?

Posted by brittany-foster on August 9, 2019 at 7:55 am

With PH, I also have low oxygen levels that require oxygen with activity, and poor over all circulation through my body. This doesn’t give a lot of fuel to other organs in the body, but particularly the digestive system. The digestive system also needs proper blood flow and oxygen in order to deliver nutrients and absorb them.

For the last 9 months I have been struggling with GI issues pretty severely to the point where I am getting supplemental nutrition from a j tube (tube that delivers nutrients right to my intestines). After a bunch of testing, it waa determined that I have gastroparesis and esophageal dysmotility which basically means the way my esophagus and stomach is supposed to being food to the rest of my body is pretty much non existent.

Do you have GI conditions along with PH? Does your team think your PH contributed to your GI complaints or are these two seperate diagnoses?

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

August 10, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Brittany, I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with so much. I’m sure that adding these GI disorders is challenging with your other illnesses.

I was told about 5 -6 years ago that I had gastroparesis. I was started on meds and on the third day taking the medications, u ended up in the ER. The medication they gave me to help my stomach motility, I had an adverse reaction to. They thought that I was having a stroke as I had stroke symptoms. Thankfully, it was an adverse reaction to that medication. Since that experience, I have not been back to see the Gastroenterologist. It is something that I need to follow up on as I do have GI symptoms pretty much daily.

I often blame my GI issues on PH and kidney disease. I’m not sure if that’s true, but I feel that they are all connected.

I hope that your latest surgery and,” liquid hope ” will help fuel your body. Are you also on medications to help your digestive motility?