• Posted by Brittany Foster on August 21, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Just this past weekend I went to my urgent care clinic because I woke up with heaviness in my chest, a cough, and just felt really “out of it” and more tired than my usual. I listened to my gut instinct, went for an xray, and was diagnosed with right sided pneumonia and bronchitis. The past few days have been really hard physically for me body.

I am currently on antibiotics, pain medication with cough medicine for the chest pain with coughing, a high strength ibuprofen for the inflammation, and steroids (prednisone). Any lung infection whether it’s viral or bacterial is always so hard for me to get rid of and can take up to a few weeks to start feeling more like myself again.

I decided to do my treatments at home instead of being admitted into the hospital especially because hospitals carry even MORE bacteria that I don’t want to be getting.

Have you had pneumonia with PH? How did this combination make your body feel? What was your treatment option? Do you get frequent respiratory infections too? Do your symptoms of PH get exacerbated with a virus or infection?

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

August 21, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Brittany, I’ve been worried all day and wondering how you are doing. My son caught bronchitis a number of times when he had PH but some how he managed to never catch pneumonia. It does seem though that it is too easy for those with PH to go into pneumonia and it takes a lot of rest to recover from.

I’m both glad and sorry to hear that you are on prednisone. I know the mixed bag that it is, it makes you feel better and it makes you feel awful.

Maybe your recovery will going fast by being comfortable at home. I hope you feel better soon!

• Brittany Foster

August 22, 2019 at 9:55 am

Colleen,
      I’m starting to feel a little bit better today. Definitely not myself yet because I am just feeling so physically exhuasted and run down. I have been trying to do some smoothies with a lot of protein in it, eggs, dry cereal, soups, stuff like that to try and keep my energy levels up as much as possible. It is hard to feel like I can recover when I have a low nutrition intake to begin with. I think that’s one of the most important pieces of recovering and healing the body is making sure we are taking in good nutrients to get us to heal. Without it, it will just be a slow process. Definitely doing better today but not where I would like to be.