Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development PH-related Low Oxygen Levels May Be Treated with Intravenous Iron

• jen-cueva

August 23, 2023 at 7:14 am

I had not seen this post, but it is also interesting. But this is an older article. If you give it a read, let me know your thoughts. Do you think iron infusions will help your low oxygen levels? Why or why not?

• Md. Abul Kalam Azad

August 27, 2023 at 3:36 am

I am a care giver of IPH patient. He is my 20 years son Mr. Mahir. His iron level was very law near about 10. He received two  injection and his iron level had increased and oxygen level was also increased simultaneously. But his doctor refused to infused him iron. It may not be safe to infuse frequently. Any one have any idea to increase iron naturally? I hope if his iron level become 15 from 12 his oxygen level will be normal.

• jen-cueva

August 28, 2023 at 1:43 pm

Hi @azad, it’s great to see you post an update. Usually, iron infusions are needed every few months, or some last every six months or longer. But just as iron is necessary, too much is not good either.

You mention your son’s doctor won’t give him the iron. Has the doctor suggested some iron-rich foods? What about any iron supplements?

Once we get the iron our bodies need, oxygenation can improve.

I hope your son is doing well otherwise and you are taking care of yourself, too.