Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups PH and Co-Existing Conditions PH with seizures/ non epileptic seizures?

• PH with seizures/ non epileptic seizures?

Posted by brittany-foster on January 29, 2020 at 1:14 pm

I used to have non-epiletpic seizures from blood being stolen from an area of my brain before my bypass surgery. These types of seizures can happen because of physical stress or a high state of mental stress and usually the person is unaware that this even happens and they lack complete control over the body. This happened to me after my recent tube placement on 1/27. Doctors are assuming that the body has been under a high level of stress because my oxygen levels have been lower than normal even with my oxygen on.

After surgeries I am usually given a bipap mask if there is difficulty with my breathing, but the surgery I had on Monday the mask was not put on. Usually I tolerate the medications well and have had so many of these procedures before. Unfortunately, I have to be monitored in the hospital and was given an EEG to rule out epilepsy. I am thankful that it wasn’t epilepsy but I am concerned about the physical stress being put on my body from the lower oxygen and from not being able to use my BIPAP. My GI doctor let me know that I will be able to get back on my BIPAP soon thankfully and hopefully the higher level of oxygen will help too.

Do you have seizures or a seizure disorder? Have you ever had a non-epileptic seizure and what was the treatment for you?

brittany-foster replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.