Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health PHA Virtual Townhall On Anxiety and Stress

• PHA Virtual Townhall On Anxiety and Stress

Posted by jen-cueva on June 3, 2020 at 12:54 pm

PHA will offer another one of their informational webinars. This one sounds like we all could benefit some. Managing Stress and Anxiety is led by psychiatrist Genie Priddy, social worker Marty Rice, PHA Support Group Leader Advisory Board member Venita Welcome and PH patients, and PHA support group leaders Joanne Sperando and Doug Taylor. ( I met Doug at a PHA Conference years ago).

This one will be this upcoming Friday, June 12, at 6 PM EST. You can register here.

If you want to send in questions before this starts, you can email your questions to [email protected].

I am hopeful that some will attend and give us all a summary. Last week, @mamabear007 did an excellent job covering that one. Is anyone interested in attending this one?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • tracey

June 3, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Gee, I’d love to attend that but its 3am South African time. Nothing keeps me from ????

• Colleen

June 3, 2020 at 3:21 pm

I don’t blame you @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za. Sleep is important. Hopefully one of our members will attend and can give us a brief update later.

• v-r-peterson

June 4, 2020 at 3:45 pm

I think I’ll be there.

• Colleen

June 4, 2020 at 3:53 pm

I hope you will find it helpful @mamabear007. If you have the time and would like to share any of the information you obtain we would appreciate hearing about it.

• jen-cueva

June 4, 2020 at 5:07 pm

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za, good for you and your sleep time. I do not blame you at all. It should be recorded like last week to view later.

Enjoy your sleep- it is essential.

• jen-cueva

June 4, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Yes, @mamabear007, you did such an awesome job last week! YOu may be our virtual hall reporter-hehe. We do appreciate you, as Colleen says.

• v-r-peterson

June 7, 2020 at 1:11 pm

I’ll take notes and share what I learn. I encourage everybody else who watching the Virtual Townhall to share their opinions as well. I always learn more when I hear what others learn from something. Somehow, I always find out that I missed something. Call it human nature or whatever, but I think everybody learns better when all share.

• Colleen

June 8, 2020 at 11:13 am

@mamabear007 I don’t think I’m going to be able to join on Friday but I will if I can. God knows I could use some advice regarding stress and anxiety. Sharing is what these forums are supposed to be all about so I hope there will be others that are going to participate in the webinar willing to to add to what you share.

• jen-cueva

June 8, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Hi @mamabear007, I hope to make it unless I have another appointment pop up. You did a fantastic job with the notes last time.

Like @colleensteele says, I certainly can use some tips on anxiety and stress right now. I know this will be one most could use.

• v-r-peterson

June 8, 2020 at 7:24 pm

@colleensteele and @jenc, PHA always records the calls. I will do a recap, but if you feel you need more than that, you can visit https://phassociation.org/pha-connects/, where you’ll find every virtual town hall they’ve held. I missed the one on Becoming an Empowered Patient, and thankfully, I’ll still be able to watch/listen (when I find time).

• jen-cueva

June 9, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Thank you @mamabear007, I hope to make it. But, I have had some last-minute appointments pop up. I need to make time to go watch and listen to some of the achieved ones. I appreciate the reminder.

How are you doing this week? How’s your son and the family?

• Colleen

June 9, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Thank you @mamabear007! I did not know the virtual town hall sessions are recorded. That is good to know I will take advantage of it an listen later.

Like Jen, I am also wondering how you, your son and family are doing.

• v-r-peterson

June 9, 2020 at 5:37 pm

@jenc and @colleensteele, thank you for asking. We’re all doing well. I saw my son today at the grocery store today (which is Old Farts’ hours — aka senior hours). He said he has been tired, but that’s more because of some around-the-home projects he has going that has been taking a lot of his off time. He said, other than being worn out, he’s healthy. He’s finally learning some of the “joys” of home ownership. ???? I was happy to see him wearing his mask at work.

• Colleen

June 10, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Well @mamabear007 it must feel good seeing your son functioning as an adult and doing his best to tackle responsibilities. Home ownership has it’s challenges but how exciting that it has become a part of his life! I love hearing updates about your son because it gives me hope that mine will eventually enjoy more of an adult life too.

• jen-cueva

June 10, 2020 at 9:17 pm

That is so cool, @mamabear007. I love that he is doing home projects.

Too funny, the “old fart’s hours” -hehe. You crack me up!

Great job that he had his mask on, too. I am happy to hear that y’all are all doing well.

• v-r-peterson

June 11, 2020 at 5:21 am

It feels great seeing him functioning like an adult. There was so long, when he was first diagnosed, that I didn’t think he’d ever have the capability because of his health issues. That he can breathe deeply enough to tire out physically from activity rather trying to breathe does this mother’s heart good. Now if he would just start adoption proceedings, so I could have another grandchild to dote on…

@colleensteele, give your son some time. It took my son until his late 20s before he was ready for more than apartment life.

• jen-cueva

June 11, 2020 at 3:20 pm

@mamabear007 that may be the next step, right? How old is he again? My daughter tells me no grandchild until she is maybe 30.

I am so grateful that you can watch him as he is learning to adult. Isn’t it such a blessing?

• v-r-peterson

June 11, 2020 at 5:19 pm

@jenc, my son is 31.

• jen-cueva

June 12, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Well, @mamabear007, he should start thinking of the adoptions and getting you a grandchild soon-hehe. As my daughter says, she will when it falls into their plans.

I hope that you have a great weekend. Stay safe.

• v-r-peterson

June 12, 2020 at 7:07 pm

@jenc, from your mouth to God’s ear. Sometimes I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut and let them make their own decisions.

I owe everybody an apology. I completely forgot about the townhall until it was over, so I can’t give a recap.

• jen-cueva

June 13, 2020 at 4:07 pm

@mamabear007, I can’t wait until we hear that announcement when the time comes. 😀

There is no need to apologize. I was on the couch resting and forgot, too. Here is the recording so we all can go listen at our convenience.

@robin-webster, maybe you can listen to. Have you participated in any yet? I would love to catch up on all of them.

• robin-webster

June 13, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I’m sorry I missed that virtual townhall. I didn’t see the notice of it until today.