• Please Share Your Experience With Balloon Angiogram

Posted by jen-cueva on June 28, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Hi y’all, I wanted to come on and share a message that I received from @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za. I am hopeful that her new team sounds knowledgeable. She wanted to ask if anyone has had this procedure to help with stenosis. Below is part of her message.

So, those who have had a balloon angiogram to help with stenosis, can you share your experiences with her? We are thinking of you @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za. I hope and pray that your procedures go well and you are home with your fur baby soon.

I’ve been busy having every scan and test known to man including a right heart catheterization. I’ve got a new team of super impressive and clever doctors at the new hospital. The cardio says I’ve got some of.the highest pressures in my heart and lungs that hes ever seen – pressures are in the 100 range. The cardio says my mitral valve is in a.sorry state both from a stenosis and regurgitation point of view. He says he can try to fix the stenosis using a balloon through an angiogram catheter but this only works 50% of the time when theres regurgitation. If it works itll ease the PH. If it doesnt work then only option will be open heart surgery.

I’m waiting for the pulmonologist to finish all his tests and give his feedback on my lungs. I’m prepared to try the balloon because it’s pretty low risk but I’m not doing open heart if my lungs are already unrecoverable. I cant go through something like that unless it’s going to substsantially increase my life span. It’s amazing that over the last six.weeks I have picked up 15kgs in fluid weight!!! No wonder I’ve been dragging myself around I wonder if anyone on the group has had this balloon procedure and how it went for them.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.