Tagged: 

• Brittany Foster

December 28, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Hi Michelle,
    I don’t have any personal experience with that. Would you be willing to tell me more about it? What were your symptoms before you got diagnosed with this? Did you have the PH before this diagnosis? Hopefully others on the forum can give their input too.

• Michelle

December 29, 2018 at 12:24 pm

More information on Michelle’s above diagnosis. It started the beginning of 2018. Pain on the tops of my shoulder (no diagnosis of PH yet). Gradually the pain and non-movement of my shoulder, then it would disappear. Then it happened, I thought I broke my ribs and could barely breathe. After 2 days I went to a Med-7 clinic – had 5 xrays – and diagnosed with Plueral Effusion and PH. Then went to my primary care doc who ordered a CT (same diagnosis) then had my left lung tapped in wwhich they drained 2 liters of fluid from tthe outside plueral lining of my left lung. Then E-Cardiogram with my heart looking ok-still PH, but now my left lung gets no air in it, still has fluid, and it hurts. I ‘appealed’ to my insurance to allow me to see a pulmonologist out of my network and was granted. Now I’m waiting for results of the 15 viles of blood and results of a new CT scan. I have raised a ruckus to have the medical world pay attention to me. Now I bring another person with me to be a witness when I have med appointments. I’m done being ignored!

• Brittany Foster

December 29, 2018 at 2:24 pm

I’m glad you stood up for yourself and demanded only the best care! You will learn quickly that the only way to be heard is to speak up and not stop until somebody listens to what you’re saying. Hopefully the new doctor and getting new results will lead to a better treatment plan from you. I know how exhausting it can be to try and manage all of this on your own, from fighting with insurance to getting to the doctors that you want to see. It’s honestly like a full time job! Good luck with getting the testing results and keep us informed on what they say. Thinking of you!