Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings and Podcasts Podcast posted on “difficult patients” and treatment-related medical trauma

• Colleen

July 27, 2023 at 1:12 pm

@brendad53 my dear you are way too hard on yourself! You did fantastic! I think you answered every question in a relatable and clear manner. I can’t imagine how many people will benefit from listening to this.

I shared it with others at BioNews because there is so much potential here for forum and column topics.

Thank you for sharing and being the voice for those who are too afraid to speak up!

• brenda-denzler

July 27, 2023 at 1:36 pm

Thanks. 🙂 I aspire to be better, but in the meantime, I’m Popeye. I yam what I yam! 🙂

• V.R. Peterson

July 28, 2023 at 1:51 pm

@brendad53, I think you sounded very professional. The information you shared is definitely needed by the medical community.

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2023 at 1:41 pm

Hi @brendad53, I agree with @colleensteele. You are too tough on yourself!

You sound much different than I would have thought. You sound much younger. 😉

You did an excellent job and were very thorough with your answers. I suck at live conversation, so I am inspired by your wonderful job on this podcast! I don’t like my voice. I’ve done several live interviews and don’t like listening to them, so how can others enjoy it? Hehe.

Yes, Collen shared this with our BioNews communities.

Yes, you are doing amazing things as you speak up for those who can’t or choose not to share their journeys. Medical PTSD is something many can relate to, unfortunately.

• brenda-denzler

July 28, 2023 at 1:47 pm

You are both very kind. 🙂

• V.R. Peterson

August 1, 2023 at 3:37 pm

@brendad53, I just wanted to chime in once more… There are times that being a difficult patient can save a life. Keep on being difficult.

• jen-cueva

August 2, 2023 at 11:53 am

I echo that and have witnessed that as being somewhat of a difficult patient myself. Although I think it’s because a patient is knowledgeable, they are often called difficult.

Keep educating and advocating for yourself and your loved ones, y’all. As @mamabear007 says, it can save lives!