Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Positive thoughts and prayers needed for Colleen and her family

Tagged: 

• Positive thoughts and prayers needed for Colleen and her family

Posted by jen-cueva on April 3, 2023 at 1:10 pm

I believe @colleensteele mentioned that her husband had had some recent health issues. Friday evening, her husband was admitted to a local hospital.

Colleen has been such a loving and kind-hearted support; please help me by sending her and her family positive thoughts, love, and prayers.

I spoke with her a few minutes late last night, and she said I could post and ask for your prayers and support. As we know, either as a patient or caregiver, the hospitals are busy, and you don’t get any rest.

We certainly miss you, Colleen, but please take the time to rest with Brian when you get those little cat nap moments. We are all here holding your hand and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are loved bunches. Please take care of yourself, too.

Debbie Moore replied 1 year ago 19 Members · 47 Replies
  • 47 Replies
  • V.R. Peterson

April 3, 2023 at 1:35 pm

@colleensteele, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. @jenc is right, please take care of yourself as much as possible.

• V.R. Peterson

April 3, 2023 at 1:38 pm

@colleensteele, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself while you’re being there for Brian.

• Tracey

April 3, 2023 at 3:08 pm

@colleensteele sending all my positive vibes to you and Brian. Please remember to take care of yourself.

• brenda-denzler

April 3, 2023 at 3:19 pm

<<<HUGGGG!!>>> for you Colleen, and for your hubs. My best wishes for a rapid and solid recovery.

• Debbie Moore

April 3, 2023 at 3:58 pm

@colleensteele praying for your peace and comfort and for Brian’s complete healing and recovery.

• DeLois Tweedy

April 3, 2023 at 8:48 pm

@colleensteele Sending sincere thoughts and prayers for you, your husband and family. Prayers for healing, rest and peace. Blessings!

• jen-cueva

April 4, 2023 at 12:34 pm

Thank you for the love, support, and prayers for Colleen, Brian, and the family. I know she misses the forums and the updates from everyone. However, I keep reminding her that while she is missed, we know Brian’s health is a priority.

She may not have time to get on yet and thank everyone, but she knows how special you are to her heart.

Can we get her to take breaks and care for herself as she is at the hospital with Brian? That’s the challenge, as we all know caregivers go and go caring for others and often neglect self-care.

Colleen, you are loved and appreciated, my FWW and friend. Please know we are doing fine as you care for Brian and his health issues at this difficult time. Extra gentle hugs, love, and prayers continue to be with y’all.

• Terese Tuohey

April 4, 2023 at 3:24 pm

Sending a big gentle hug to you Colleen, and prayers for you and your husband.  Please don’t forget to take care of yourself through all this.  You can’t help him if you are out of commission yourself.  And you certainly know that.

Wishing you the blessings of Easter!  May it mean healing for your guy!

• Janet Barry

April 4, 2023 at 4:11 pm

Colleen and family, God bless you and keep you in His loving hands.  Blessings to all who are taking care of you.

Janet

• Margaret

April 4, 2023 at 5:03 pm

Friendly thoughts from Petawawa, Ontario. Spring shall “sprung”!

• Carol Volckmann

April 4, 2023 at 6:52 pm

Oh Colleen I am so sorry to hear Brian is in the hospital. My prayers, positive energy, vibes snd thoughts are with you and Brian and your boys.

No one wants to be in the hospital but if that is what Brian needs then I hope his team finds the best meds to do their trick and Brian is able to get back home where he can rest, you can rest and heal.

Loving thoughts and prayers 🙏 ❤️

• jen-cueva

April 5, 2023 at 1:07 pm

Again, thanks to you who offered your thoughts and prayers as she is with her husband, Brian, at the hospital. I know she will appreciate the support for her as she graciously offers to us all daily.

I second @tervo, “Please don’t forget to take care of yourself through all this. You can’t help him if you are out of commission yourself. And you certainly know that.”

Colleen, you, Brian, and the boys continue my thoughts and prayers. You are loved more than you know. Now is the time to take care of Brian and yourself. Don’t forget your rest periods, water, and eating, my dear FWW and friend. <3

• Randolph Reynolds

April 6, 2023 at 5:47 pm

Colleen

You are a big supporter for all of us, especially me.  So anything that adds a burden to your family life needs to be removed by whatever means there is.  Therefore you and your husband are now on my prayer list.  In the meantime follow Jen;s suggestion and keep yourself strong.

• Sally Hoffman

April 7, 2023 at 8:38 am

Dearest Colleen,  You and Brian are in our thoughts and prayers.  Hoping and praying for a positive outcome.

• jen-cueva

April 7, 2023 at 3:34 pm

Thank you both, @ripple76 and @mainegal, for your heartwarming support for Colleen and her family.

She has been staying at the hospital some nights and going home to her ned others. I told her yesterday that so many prayers, thoughts, and love are coming from our fantastic forum members. She knows we love and appreciates her a ton.

Easter will look different this year for their family, but Colleen has always been one to make the best of whatever comes her way. May God bless y’all! I hope y’all have a safe and lovely Easter weekend.

• Carol Volckmann

April 7, 2023 at 4:32 pm

Every day, prayers and positive energy for Brian, Colleen and the boys. Being able to stay with Brian in the hospital I am sure is a comfort for Brian. Just bring there with an extra hand hold and Colleen making sure Brian is getting the care he needs makes all the difference.

Stay strong Colleen and do take some extra care of yourself too – you both need it. Warm hugs filled with love ❤️.

• Aunt Lizzie

April 8, 2023 at 1:58 am

Colleen – Kind and positive thoughts and love to you and your husband, and a bunch of buttercups to cheer you.  All the best.

• jen-cueva

April 10, 2023 at 12:40 pm

Hey, y’all, I spoke with Colleen for a few minutes last night. Her husband Brian was vented on Saturday early AM. He woke up Sunday!! He opened his eyes and responded by nodding his head. She and both boys are with him. They need our continued thoughts and prayers as they have a long road ahead.

She’s hugely grateful for all of your prayers and support. What a wonderful Easter blessing that Brian woke up and was responsive. Today the plan is to try and wean him off the vent a little more; however, they worry about his respiratory not getting adequate rest to recover.

Of course, she misses everyone in the forums and worries that she has not been online. I reminded her that she needs to focus on being with Brian and having her boys with her as they deal with such challenging days.

She offers us all an outpouring of love, support, and grace; now it’s her turn. We love you and miss you tons, Colleen. But you are doing what you need to at this time. We will all be here when you return.

I’ll continue to post updates as she shares and offers her permission.

• Carol Volckmann

April 10, 2023 at 3:47 pm

Thank you Jen for updating all of us on Brian’s condition and please let Colleen know not to worry about being on the forum. All she needs to do is be with Brian and the boys and taking care of herself as well.

Brian, Colleen, Cullen and Aidan are in our prayers 🙏, in our hearts 💕 and praying that each day  Brian will begin to recover and get stronger.

Our prayers also for Brian’s medical team giving them all our best wishes for a good recovery.

Warm hugs and Love to Colleen – stay strong!

• V.R. Peterson

April 11, 2023 at 2:16 pm

Thank you for the update @jenc. I continue to keep Colleen and her entire family in my thoughts and prayers.

• Paul

April 11, 2023 at 2:12 pm

Thank you for the update on Brian’s condition.  Sending prayers, hugs, strength and support.

• Gayle Ward

April 11, 2023 at 3:19 pm

Coleen, I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. You and your family are in my prayers. Take care of yourself

sincerely

gayle

• ky

April 11, 2023 at 4:08 pm

@Colleen Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Brian! I hope he continues to respond and recover!! Much love and healing light!

• Barbara Thompson

April 11, 2023 at 6:01 pm

@jenc, thank you for the update. @colleensteele, my thoughts & prayers are with y’all for Brian’s total recovery. Please take care of yourself. Love & hugs!

• jen-cueva

April 11, 2023 at 6:08 pm

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers for Colleen, Brian, and the boys. She texted me today that he was sedated again because he was too stressed with the vent.

She’s hoping that a small dose of anxiety medication before they try again, may help. I’m hopeful that this will help so Brian can start his recovery slowly.

Colleen and her family greatly appreciate your continued positive thoughts, love, and prayers.

• Paul

April 11, 2023 at 6:13 pm

Sometimes (alot of times) this is just TOO much.  Hang in there Brian and Colleen.

• Carol Volckmann

April 11, 2023 at 7:01 pm

This is a really tough road for Brian, Colleen, Cullen and Aiden. They have been through so much and have stayed strong for each other and they will again now! Praying the anxiety meds help Brian to relax enough and begin to heal. Sending positive energy, prayers, healing light and waves gently washing ashore to help Brian sleep and rest – Colleen too. Sent with love ❤️.

Page 1 of 2