Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Positive thoughts and prayers needed for Colleen and her family

Tagged: 

• Douglas Knuth

April 11, 2023 at 8:27 pm

Colleen, am sending positive thoughts and prayers for you and your husband. Lots of good advice to you about taking care of yourself too by all the posters. Thank you for all your helpful advice and guidance on this site as well. Take care,
    Douglas Knuth

• jen-cueva

April 12, 2023 at 12:40 pm

Thank you, @douglas-knuth, for your heartfelt words of encouragement for our sweet Colleen. I know she’ll be in tears once she can take the time to read all of the love and support here in the forums. I hope you are doing well, Douglas.

Hi @jimi, Colleen has been a huge encourager and supporter for us all for years. It’s our turn to pray for her and her family as they continue this difficult journey.

Jimi, yes, I can’t count how many times this empathetic group’s love, prayers, and faith have impacted my healing, and I can never show y’all enough gratitude. I hope you and your wife are doing well this week. Take care, buddy.

• Jimi Mcintosh

April 11, 2023 at 10:23 pm

Colleen, we are praying for you and your husband.   Christ is here on earth walking among us, I am praying that he is preparing to save yhose of us that believe and are worthy of being saved. I do not know how so many of us have proven doctors to be a lie  and that prayer and faith is a very strong drug. You reached out to help me over the initial hurdle of PH (PAH) , your friendship and prayers worked. God Bless you, your husband and sons. God wrap them in your arms.

• jen-cueva

April 13, 2023 at 6:24 pm

The update from Colleen this afternoon was not so hopeful. His medical team doesn’t believe Brian would survive the procedure to get a tracheostomy. If he did, his quality of life would decrease.

She says that she and the boys could possibly make some difficult decisions to give Brian peace.

Colleen and her family certainly need all the extra love, hugs, light, thoughts, and prayers. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult this is for them. But let’s lift them up with extra prayers and remind Colleen that we are here walking aside from her as we hold her hand.

• Carol Volckmann

April 13, 2023 at 7:12 pm

Oh our hearts, prayers are with Colleen, Brian and the boys. We are so sadden to hear this news. We do stand with Colleen, holding her hand with our arms embracing her with love and warmth. We are with the Aidan and Cullen, holding their hands filling them with love and support. We all surround Colleen and her family in this most difficult time – we meaning everyone on the forum, their extended family and friends. We have all been touched by Colleen’s grace, her love, her empathy, courage and her neverending support. We love you dear friend.

• Paul

April 13, 2023 at 8:30 pm

With a heavy heart, trying to find the right choice of words.  Sending love, support and prayers to Colleen, Brian and the boys.  May they find peace, find the strength to keep loving one another.

• V.R. Peterson

April 14, 2023 at 8:37 am

@ColleenSteele, you are in my heartfelt prayers as you make these hard decisions. May the Spirit guide your mind, heart and soul.

• jen-cueva

April 14, 2023 at 5:18 pm

Thank you for your heartfelt blessings and outpouring of love and support for Colleen and her family. I’ve yet to hear any new updates. Let’s continue to shower Colleen, Brian, Cullen, and Aidan with our prayers. We pray for guidance for Brian’s medical team.

Colleen, we keep holding your hand and wrapping you with arms of comfort. You are loved and cared for more than you know. Take care of yourself, too.

You’re one of a kind, genuine, kind, and empathetic. I love you bunches, and only a text or call away.

• DeLois Tweedy

April 15, 2023 at 9:26 am

There is heaviness in my heart reading the updates. I’m keeping such a beautiful family in my thoughts and prayers. God can give peace, calm, and hope – and He can heal.

• Tracey

April 15, 2023 at 9:37 am

It’s difficult to find words to comfort Colleen, Aiden and Cullen. I pray that Brian can heal and continue to send positive thoughts your way. Colleen you are such an amazing person and I think it touches all of us very deeply that you and your family are suffering and wish we could make it better. I echo what has been said by others, please remember to take care of yourself too.

• V.R. Peterson

April 15, 2023 at 10:55 am

I continue to hold Brian, Colleen and the boys in my thoughts and prayers.

• Paul

April 15, 2023 at 1:44 pm

I truly believe in times like this, just knowing there is a group that cares and genuinely, understand the stakes and emotional roller coaster this disease presents.  Resilience is at the cornerstone of every PH patient, but along with that comes an army of support, love and prayers.

• jen-cueva

April 16, 2023 at 12:09 am

You are some of the most supportive people I know. I believe @brooklyn said it so well. We do come as an “army” of support to you, our dear Colleen.

Today I had a quick update, and not much change. Of course, Colleen says she misses you all.

Unfortunately,No new updates. We are still struggling to decide if we let Brian go or risk the very risky tracheotomy and the possibility of life in a nursing home. Pray for us.

I’m at a loss for words, but @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za said many things I echo. Colleen, I so wish there was much more we could do. But remember, your army of PHeeps surrounds you! Wrapping our arms around you and your boys as y’all come together to face such challenging decisions. Love you bunches, my FWW and friend.

• Roger Bliss

April 16, 2023 at 4:44 pm

So sorry to hear about this. Let Colleen know she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers.

• V.R. Peterson

April 16, 2023 at 7:06 am

My heart breaks for you, Colleen. I can’t even imagine having to make such a decision.

You and your family continue in my prayers. May you be blessed with wisdom and insight, to make the decision that is right. After you make that decision, may you be blessed with peace of mind and an assurance that it was good.

• Paul

April 16, 2023 at 4:59 pm

Sending more prayers and support – I’m at a loss for words.

• jen-cueva

April 17, 2023 at 1:35 pm

Again, I have chills reading the incredible outpouring of love and support you all sent Colleen and her family at such a difficult time. Please know she appreciates every message of love and prayer. Let’s keep them covered and also cover Brian’s medical team as they work with them during this heart-tugging journey.

• V.R. Peterson

April 17, 2023 at 2:34 pm

@colleensteele, you and your sweet family remain in my prayers, as does Brian’s medical team.

• Carol Volckmann

April 17, 2023 at 4:27 pm

Light and love surround you Colleen, Brian, Aiden, Cullen and Brian’s medical team. Our prayers 🙏 are there for you. ❤️

• Terese Tuohey

April 18, 2023 at 2:29 pm

I’ve been offline for a few days. We finally made it back to MI from FL. I checked in to see how Brian was doing, and it sounds like Colleen has a very big decision to make.  It is so hard to see someone you love dearly in such a situation. My heart cries for her and Brian.  Please know that the Lord is with them through all this.  He will guide them, and I pray for His peace for both of them.  He is risen, Colleen, and he said “Peace.  Do not be afraid.”  Trust in him.  I’ll add my prayers to the collection growing here with this forum.  We all understand, and love you.  Feel our arms around you holding you through all this.

• Debbie Moore

April 18, 2023 at 3:23 pm

@colleensteele Praying for your peace, wisdom and that God wrap his arms around you for comfort.  I can’t imagine what you are up against, but God knows what you are going through.  You can rely on Him for guidance and strength.  I’m praying for you.

Page 2 of 2