• Posting Tip Reminders

Posted by jen-cueva on January 17, 2022 at 12:03 pm

I have received messages about posts awaiting moderator approval for the past several weeks, so I wanted to share a few tips.

We have several safeguards in place that help prevent spammers from our group. Unfortunately, this happens more often than most would think. For this reason, this prevents members from sharing photos. I’m sorry that this prevents you from sharing things that may be helpful for others.

You can always message Colleen or me or add us both, so whoever sees it first can help if you feel something would benefit the other members.

This also is why links undergo moderator approvals. Most of your links are always approved.

We’ve also had issues recently where some have copied and pasted information from another source. Unfortunately, when we copy and paste from a Word Doc or specific other sources, it comes out in spammer text, so this will be sent to moderators and could be deleted.

None of this is new; it’s in our policies. We are trying to follow the guidelines while keeping our forum safe from spammers. We apologize for any frustrations that this causes. Thank you for your support. Don’t hesitate to contact Colleen or me with any questions.

Colleen replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • V.R. Peterson

January 18, 2022 at 2:24 pm

Thank you for this reminder @jenc. I’ve noticed this message whenever I post a link, and I always figured it was something like this. I’ve never minded waiting, as it makes our group a safer place for everybody.

• Colleen

January 18, 2022 at 3:08 pm

@mamabear007 you have shown the patience of a saint through your technical difficulties and we really appreciate you for it.

• Colleen

January 18, 2022 at 3:06 pm

Thank you @jenc for explaining posting challenges and why they happen. I hope our members take a moment to read this in order to minimize the problems that can occur. We very much want the forum experience to be a positive one for everyone.