Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Private Messages from Spam Users

Tagged: , ,

• Private Messages from Spam Users

Posted by kathleen-sheffer on October 26, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

Many of you received private messages from @andersonlarry today. This was a mass spam message requesting that you email him directly. Please be very wary of messages like these (I know most of you are already). It’s very frustrating that disease forums across several BioNews sites are being hit by spammers like this. We are doing our best, literally working day and night to identify and remove these accounts.

You can always message me or @brittany-foster to check on something like this before responding to the spammy message. As admins, we have the ability to see who the user messaged. We can tell you if it was personalized for you and they really want to get in contact with you specifically, or if it was a mass message meant to collect email addresses.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and please know we are continuously working to find solutions to this issue.

Thanks,
    Kathleen

kathleen-sheffer replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.