• jen-cueva

October 23, 2018 at 12:34 am

Brittany ,
    You’re definitely still a teacher and a leader !

Do you think getting through the obstacles of PH daily isn’t being an anthelete , I would say that qualifies, lol

I was working with Hospice patients daily and I loved my patients and families . I was also a wife , mother , friend , manager , daughter, and sister . I think PH changed all of this for me . I can no longer work , but I do tend to try and help and care for my family members . I know that PH changed either my roles and/or limitations in each of my relationships.

I’ve finally realized , I’m stronger because of this . I’ve more vocal , just ask my family , lol
    I was more of a shy at first kind of girl , but now , most days I’m pretty vocal . I even lead a panel at the Dallas PH Conference a few years ago !

I’ve been able to help and put together several fundraisers, one big one , the PHkids4acure , here in Houston , several years ago . I’ve also worked a few times on a fundraiser for a friend and musician , who has dealt with Leukemia. I’ve also helped with a few others locally that benefited Officers as well as local kids and families. I find that was very rewarding and if I was working , I couldn’t support those events and do all I did . I definitely volunteered when I worked , but very little and not as much as I hoped .

I hope to continue to help others and help various fundraisers and people in my community.

Thanks for sharing , Brittany ! You’re an amazing young woman !