Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kathleen Sheffer
      Participant

My doctors weren’t so concerned with my salt intake when I had PH so I ate whatever sounded good to me. Now that I have to take greater care with my diet, I realize how lucky I was. I didn’t feel very lucky while I was battling nausea, though.

My friend and PH patient Becca Atherton shares a low sodium Korean potatoes recipe on her blog.

Do you have a favorite recipe that meets your doctors’ recommendations? We’d love to try it!

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

For years I was told to watch my sodium , then the last 3 years or so, I was told I had kidney failure as well. I also was rushed to the hospital back then and found out I actually have issues with LOW sodium which is very scary. Since then, I’m like what you said, Kathleen, I was told to eat what I want, pretty much. ( please note, low sodium is pretty rare in PHers, so please don’t go eating lots of extra sodium after you read this ).

I like to make sheet pan meals, I often use chicken breast , and either broccoli or other veggies and often a red, white, or sweet potato. I like to top the chicken breast with a little hummus( spicy or garlic are my faves ) , then a few panko crumbs, cut the veggies about the same size , drizzle all with olive or coconut oil, salt( or salt substitute) , pepper and garlic. I use a foil lined sheet pain for easy clean up, bake about 25-40 mins depending on the thickness of your chicken. These are easy, I often use salmon, and a variety of veggies as this is simple and I often buy precut veggies or cut them myself earlier in the day . I like simple steps and short cut cooking.

Kathleen Sheffer
      Participant

Sheet pan meals are brilliant! One dish and you get your protein and vegetables. The cleanup was always the worst part for me – if I found the energy to cook a meal, there was no way I had energy to clean up. Great idea, Jen!

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

I would also like to add to use fresh herbs and spices as they add so much flavor without needing additional salt. I also use lemon and lemon zest often to bring out flavors as well.

I have an Instant Pot and I can throw ingredients in there and make a soup, stew, prottein, and other one pot meals and fast. Dry beans as well are super fast .

I enjoy cooking on good days but still it gets exhausting, so I look for easier ways to make some of our faves. I have quite a few kitchen tools that help with time and energy needed, and I also like to often buy precut veggies and fruits.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account