Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

In a recent column, Pulmonary Hypertension News‘ writer Brittany Foster talks about what it’s like to live with the disease — and what helps ease her days when she feels she can’t fight anymore:

“With pulmonary hypertension, I have been through a variety of difficult days, including days when I feel I can’t fight this disease anymore. They are the days that make me question my own physical and mental strength. On these days, I think to myself, ‘How could it get any worse than this?’ My hardest times have taught me that even though these days seem impossible to overcome, I always do.

I find that it helps to give myself reminders to keep a positive attitude and persevere. Following are some reminders I give to myself and to friends who struggle with all types of illness, whether physical or mental.

You’re not a burden.
      Many times, I worry I’m a burden to others. It’s easy to isolate myself when filled with these negative thoughts. It’s better to talk about my hard days with people who care. If I don’t open up about my symptoms, I’m a burden to my own body.

You’re worthy of rest.
      Taking time to rest doesn’t mean I’m lazy. When my body tells me I need to rest, I have to listen. Without the guilt. I constantly fight with thoughts that tell me I’m not doing enough. No matter how ‘lazy’ I feel, rest is a crucial part of healing.”

Read more of Brittany’s column here: “Reminders that Help Me Get Through the Difficult Days.”

What helps you get back up on your feet when you’re having a bad day? Share your thoughts below.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account